Now THAT'S a battery

droidntn

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
Nearly two days on one charge. That's without conserving much but screen brightness starting late yesterday.
I don't understand why ALL phones now don't have this battery. I mean, is there something they're not telling us? Like...one day we'll see a lawyer notice on tv:
'This is for all Droid Razr MAXX users! Did you ever own a Maxx? Did your battery last for days and you were proud? But today, you noticed your ear fell off and you walk a little sideways? If so, call 1-800-sue-razr'
OR something like that.
I mean, it's so obvious that our battery life is superior, why doesn't everyone use this battery technology?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Reactions: bradenfontaine

docsnake

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
No doubt. I swapped out a week old Razr for a Maxx last Friday, charged it up Friday night and it went strong till about 10 pm Sunday night when Angry Birds finally did it in. Going back to my Samsung Blackjack, I've never had a smartphone last this long.

Deron Baker

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
The HTC Rezound with Mugen Power "4000 mAh" battery lasts as long as a Razr Maxx. Of course, it's a lot thicker. But I actually found the Rezound + extended battery easier to hold than my new Razr Maxx. Alas, my Rezound had LTE connection issues which forced me to change out the phone. I already miss the Beats Audio. But I do love the Smart Actions.

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
No offense to Deron Baker, but I always laugh when other people compare their extended batteries to the maxx. Cause I had the Bionic with the 2700mAh battery, and it was decent, but it made the phone freaking thick and heavy. I didn't really mind the feel of it, because it felt sturdy. But there is something to be said about this 3300mAh being STOCK and as thin as it is. That is impressive.

cubetop

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I had a Rezound with the extended battery you could get from Verizon. (2750mAh if I remember correctly.) It lasted me through a day fairly well but I swear it seemed to weigh double what the Maxx does. I don't even miss Beats anymore since I use Amazon MP3 to play my music because it has EQ settings I can change to MY liking, not what Dr. Dre says I should like. Loved my Rezound but after using my Maxx for a few weeks, I don't miss it at all.

danimgale

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Ok, I'm sitting in my office at work all by myself reading this and I busted up laughing at your commercial. People in the lobby are going to think I'm nuts!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

Deron Baker

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I can change to MY liking, not what Dr. Dre says I should like. Loved my Rezound but after using my Maxx for a few weeks, I don't miss it at all.

The weird thing is that Dre's Beats Audio settings made my black metal and death metal sound better than I've ever heard. That was quite a surprise since I assumed Beats was only beneficial for hip hop. I've downloaded Poweramp on my Razr Maxx and got a decent setting, but still cannot get it to sound as good as Beats Audio did.

Who'd have thought that Dre and Gogoroth make a good combination? Strangly, they do.

taylorz_412

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
No offense to Deron Baker, but I always laugh when other people compare their extended batteries to the maxx. Cause I had the Bionic with the 2700mAh battery, and it was decent, but it made the phone freaking thick and heavy. I didn't really mind the feel of it, because it felt sturdy. But there is something to be said about this 3300mAh being STOCK and as thin as it is. That is impressive.

It is impressive that Moto did that and I hope they keep doing it but the only reason the battery is thin is because the phone is rexicoulously long and wide the phone is so the battery is also wide and long but thin

Sent via tapatalk

Smudgie

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Nearly two days on one charge. That's without conserving much but screen brightness starting late yesterday.
I don't understand why ALL phones now don't have this battery. I mean, is there something they're not telling us? Like...one day we'll see a lawyer notice on tv:
'This is for all Droid Razr MAXX users! Did you ever own a Maxx? Did your battery last for days and you were proud? But today, you noticed your ear fell off and you walk a little sideways? If so, call 1-800-sue-razr'
OR something like that.
I mean, it's so obvious that our battery life is superior, why doesn't everyone use this battery technology?

Pretty good. Are you mostly using 3G or 4g? I did a factory restore last week. This past weekend my phone sat idle most of the weekend and I got almost 60 hours. I then had moderate use yesterday and was down to 60% after 12 hours which I was disappointed in. What was your useage like?

droidntn

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
I can say for the first 24 hours, it was heavy....unusually high amount of talk time, and I played around with ring tones quite a bit with Zedge. FB/Surfing/Camera/etc. Went to bed with 40% left first night. Then turned screen down the next day and really didn't surf that much. Little talk time. So, first day heavy and wide open...second day was light.
If I'd convserve and not use it much, I bet it'd get 3 days easy. But, I use my phone a lot. I might try it sometimes though, just to see.

p08757

** Superhero **
Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
OR something like that.

I've had my Maxx for almost 2 weeks now, and its taken me that long to get over the anxioty of checking the status of my battery, and wondering if I'm going to be around a power outlet long enough to top off the battery so I could make it thgough the day.

Not any more! Now I can easily go well over 1 day without charging!

It looks like I will be keeping this phone for a while now! :D

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
It is impressive that Moto did that and I hope they keep doing it but the only reason the battery is thin is because the phone is rexicoulously long and wide the phone is so the battery is also wide and long but thin

In comparison to what? Most high end phones are at least this size.

hazelgreen

May 27, 2011
Visit site
a6f982ac-feb8-8d40.jpg

Battery appears to be getting better. Yesterday got to 40 percent after 16 hours and about 4 hours with screen on. Today I have little over 1 hour and it was on 80 percent after 10 hours. I've been charging every night, something I didn't always have to do before ICS, but at least I don't have to worry about bringing a charger to work anymore like I did with my X.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site

Sent via tapatalk

I actually compared my Bionic to the Razr Maxx and it isn't significantly wider or longer. But I will take a wider, longer phone (within reason) over carrying an extra battery, or a charger. Slightly wider and slightly longer is much more acceptable to me.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Back to the op, if I remember right, the battery in the MAXX is a different process so the reason why everyone isn't using it is simply patent pending.

Why Moto isn't using it in everything is beyond me.

Rezound via Tapatalk 2

dj hidroid

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Pretty good. Are you mostly using 3G or 4g? I did a factory restore last week. This past weekend my phone sat idle most of the weekend and I got almost 60 hours. I then had moderate use yesterday and was down to 60% after 12 hours which I was disappointed in. What was your useage like?

The fact that you were disappointed in 12 hrs of use with 60% left is a testament to the battery in these phones. Galaxy S3 owners are lucky to get 12 hours of use for a battery that is more then half the size of the maxx's battery. I've been so amazed with a this phone in the short time that I've owned it and I don't know how I could consider a device like the one x or i-phone with such a small battery that's non removable. The only excuse for doing this is when it's compensated with the battery that the maxx has and the crazy thing about the maxx is that it's still a thin and light device. No offense to the rezound owner but that phone is bulky stock and I can't imaging putting a huge aftermarket battery on any phone. It destroys the look and feel of the phone no matter which phone it is.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1