The past two days something very peculiar has been happening. My vibrate and haptic feedback has been suddenly going in and out, that is, one second it's working, the next it isn't. It happened 6 or 7 times yesterday and once already this morning.

I will be using my phone normally, and I'll hit the back button, with feedback, then suddenly, the next time I try, it doesn't have anything. The problem seems to happen for 10 minutes to a half hour at a time, then magically returns to normal.

I am not rooted and I tried checking all my settings to see if something was interfering, but that doesn't make sense since its on again off again. I also did a factory reset, since I hadn't since the ICS update and the general opinion seems to be that that would fix most problems. Since it happened this morning, I would say that didn't help.

Has anyone else noticed a problem here? Or with past phones?
    07-09-2012 08:32 AM
    The past two days something very peculiar has been happening. My vibrate and haptic feedback has been suddenly going in and out, that is, one second it's working, the next it isn't. It happened 6 or 7 times yesterday and once already this morning.

I will be using my phone normally, and I'll hit the back button, with feedback, then suddenly, the next time I try, it doesn't have anything. The problem seems to happen for 10 minutes to a half hour at a time, then magically returns to normal.

I am not rooted and I tried checking all my settings to see if something was interfering, but that doesn't make sense since its on again off again. I also did a factory reset, since I hadn't since the ICS update and the general opinion seems to be that that would fix most problems. Since it happened this morning, I would say that didn't help.

Has anyone else noticed a problem here? Or with past phones?
    Intermittent problems are almost always software conflicts. So my initial guess is you have some sort of conflict going on. Since you already did a factory reset did you use the phone for a few days without adding any apps. back on? Hardware failures typically give you a consistent symptom (i.e. it's always behaving incorrectly).
    07-09-2012 10:28 AM
    No, as soon as I reset, I reinstalled everything I had, with the exception of Apex Launcher which was the last thing I installed pre-reset. Since it happened again this morning, I assume that isn't the culprit.

Hearing that it's likely a software issue is reassuring though, I'd hate to have to replace my phone. I initially thought ICS update, but it's been over a week and this issue just started yesterday.
    07-09-2012 10:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD