Some sprinkles on our Ice Cream

Dovahkiin

One Man Wolfpack
Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
I'm hoping it's a battery fix issue. It seems to be getting worse.

At first, my battery was like this on ICS:
50291_396720225048_2693401_n.jpg

Now, it's like this:
200x150Funny-army-pick-1.jpg

cubetop

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm hoping it's a battery fix issue. It seems to be getting worse.

At first, my battery was like this on ICS:
Click to view quoted image

Now, it's like this:
Click to view quoted image

I'm with you on this. My battery is getting progressively worse. I've wiped the cache and performed a factory reset. Hope it gets back to where it was.

**UPDATE** - I tried ANOTHER cache wipe this morning. The phone has GREATLY improved on responsiveness at least. The battery LOOKS like it's back to where it was. Why the first cache wipe didn't do anything is beyond me so I'm cautiously optimistic at this point.

Last edited:

Dovahkiin

One Man Wolfpack
Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
I'm with you on this. My battery is getting progressively worse. I've wiped the cache and performed a factory reset. Hope it gets back to where it was.

**UPDATE** - I tried ANOTHER cache wipe this morning. The phone has GREATLY improved on responsiveness at least. The battery LOOKS like it's back to where it was. Why the first cache wipe didn't do anything is beyond me so I'm cautiously optimistic at this point.

I really, really, REALLY want to avoid the dreaded factory reset. It's the only reason I avoided flashing the OTA myself. I've read that this update is pegged for late August, which I hope is true. If not, I don't mind waiting. It just kind of sucks going from charging your phone every 2-3 days, to doing it daily.

kt081801

Mar 22, 2012
Visit site
I really, really, REALLY want to avoid the dreaded factory reset. It's the only reason I avoided flashing the OTA myself. I've read that this update is pegged for late August, which I hope is true. If not, I don't mind waiting. It just kind of sucks going from charging your phone every 2-3 days, to doing it daily.

Am with ya there....I've been having to charge my phone daily lately and I don't really use it all that much :/ and no, I do NOT want to do a factory reset either, it would be a PITA to have to customize my phone all over again....<sigh>

dj hidroid

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
I received the phone as a replacement for the 4 defective Gnex's that all had their own problem and the update had been rolled out to the masses by then so I updated the phone to ics before i even added my gmail account and I've had little to no issues on ics. Battery life is amazing but I never had the maxx running gingerbread to compare it to. It's nice to see that Verizon still gives a damn about the maxx and they should considering that it has been a best seller for them for months. After my Gnexs got the 4.0.4 update i lost consistent touch responsiveness. It's good to see that moto and verizon aren't just leaving the phone as is because they finally got ics to it. With the exception of the display I'd still have to say that the razr maxx is the best android on the market. With light to moderate use I'm still getting double to triple the use that i was getting with a 2100 mah extended battery on the Gnex.

cubetop

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
The factory reset WAS painful. I hated having to put everything back in place as well as entering all the passwords, etc but I figured it had to be done. It didn't fix anything for me.

The cache wipe at LEAST made the phone run faster. It was bogging and seemed to hang for a second or two every now and then.

Can't really judge the battery life yet as the cash wipe reset everything. I'm used to plugging my phone in when I go to sleep so that doesn't bother me so much. I what did bother me was barely getting through 12 hours of use. Hopefully, I'll be back to getting my normal 17-20 hours.

Still love the phone though.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Android Central.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Hope they fix the signal issue. Ics messed that up big time. I have done a factory reset and still sucks. It's at least 10 DBMS worse then any phone that is not on ics. There are times I can sit and watch the DBMS bounce up and down sitting in a single spot. I was also in a Verizon corp store and every phone that had ics on it was showing a lower signal then non ics phones and that is by looking a Dbm readout, not by signal meter. I have done my homework, ics has screwed up the signal.

lapeter

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I turn the phone off the hold power and volume down and I never get the white screen. What am I doing wrong to wipe the cashe

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
I don't like how that article says it's full of bugs. I don't have a single bug in mine. All I did was factory reset before I updated so I started clean. To anyone who hasn't you definitely should. It will fix any bugs that you have.

Sent from my RAZR MAXXIMUS ;)

lapeter

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Here are the directions that worked for me.
Thanks

Discussion Subject:ICS having issues? Wipe Your Cache!!Comment:I just want to say, many people have issues regarding their applications etc. If you are having issues with your music player, camera, and other aplications?you should do the following:

**Steps Pulled from ElDudarino42**

Step 1: From a Power off position press and hold the Power, Vol up and Down Key until the bootloader screen comes up

Step 2: Volume down to recovery and than hit Volume up to select

Step 3: When the Android with the the Red Triangle appears push the vol up and down button together

Step 4: Scroll to clear cache partition and push the power button

Step 5: wait for it to clear and than choose reboot once complete by pushing the power button.

It seems to me that the OTA upgrade did not wipe the cache before the install of ICS (Or it didn?t do a good job at it). Hopefully this won?t become problematic in the long run?people who install custom ROMs tend to have many issues if they dont wipe their cache before install.

Super Turtleman

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for pasting the steps. I may try it to see if my phone will be faster. I didn't wipe or reset when I updated. It was intentional...there are certain things I don't wanna lose. Oh well, such is life.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21