USB Connection = Verizon video playing.

Spatchr

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
When I plug my Maxx into the USB port on my computer a website opens in a browser that I am already using and starts playing a video for backup assistant plus. The other day I had 5-6 different IE windows open and it opened the video and started playing on all of them. How do I stop this? Verizon tech suport was no help.

In app manager I have 2 ?Backup Assistant Plus? entries along with a ?Backup Assistant +? I have it set to sync contacts but I am not interested in having it sync my media.

Spatchr

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Noticed a little icon in the task bar when the phone was plugged in. It looked like a phone with a red circle on it, I right clicked the icon got a drop down for what to do when plugged in, run backup assistant was checked. Unchecked it, problem solved. The icon was for Motorola device manager. Last week when I got the phone it prompted me to install MotoCast when I plugged the phone in for the first time. I installed it but was not interested in using it. Device manager must have loaded at the same time. I uninstalled MotoCast and Device manager but now the computer starts downloading the MotoCast “install package” on it own when the phone is plugged in to USB.

When the phone is plugged in it shows MotoCast as a CD drive and the regular files/SD card as 2 additional drives for a total of 3 drives. I tried to remove to files on the MotoCast drive but it would not allow it.

Other than installing it and just letting it take up space on my hard drive is there any way to prevent the install window from popping up?