Lost ability to set mobile network HOME ONLY

shield1561

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
Hi all,

I'm hoping someone can help me. On my Maxx when I was on GB I was able to set the mobile network to Home Only so it would only use verizon and not roam on Canadian Towers as I live very close to the border. When I updated to ICS, I seem to have lost this functionality. Now when I go to try to set it the option is not there anymore. My roam is constantly roaming on Canadian towers and I don't know how to make it stop. Apparently the towers in Canada are strong than the US Verizon towers in my area.

Does anyone know a way to set my phone to not roam anymore? Its not just Data, it roams when sendingText messages sometimes which being able to set "Home Only" didn't allow. I have the Data set to not allow roaming, but my main issue now is text messages and trying to make a call when its roaming and I have to keep waiting until its no longer in roaming mode.

I checked the play store thinking their might be an app that takes care of it, but I can't seem to come up with anything.

Any advice is appreciated! :)

-Justin

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Is your mobile network set to Global or LTE/CDMA? I don't know the answer to this, but if you set it to LTE/CDMA, maybe it won't pick up the Canadian towers if those are considered global.

scottsdca

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Hi Justin,

Have you resolved this issue? I have the same problem, but on the southern border with the Mexican cell towers. If you are rooted and have installed roms before, try installing Cyanogenmod (CM) 10. There is a setting under mobile networks I think called system/automatic or home only. Choose home only and it will filter out all other cell towers. This worked for me. I just wish there were a setting on touchwiz based roms too. I have been unable to find this setting on any of the Cleanrom roms, which I really like. I have emailed the developer, Scott but haven't heard back from him. He's pretty busy. Does anyone else know anything about how to do this?

Thanks,

Scott.

Hi all,

I'm hoping someone can help me. On my Maxx when I was on GB I was able to set the mobile network to Home Only so it would only use verizon and not roam on Canadian Towers as I live very close to the border. When I updated to ICS, I seem to have lost this functionality. Now when I go to try to set it the option is not there anymore. My roam is constantly roaming on Canadian towers and I don't know how to make it stop. Apparently the towers in Canada are strong than the US Verizon towers in my area.

Does anyone know a way to set my phone to not roam anymore? Its not just Data, it roams when sendingText messages sometimes which being able to set "Home Only" didn't allow. I have the Data set to not allow roaming, but my main issue now is text messages and trying to make a call when its roaming and I have to keep waiting until its no longer in roaming mode.

I checked the play store thinking their might be an app that takes care of it, but I can't seem to come up with anything.

Any advice is appreciated! :)

-Justin

Last edited: