No 4g need help

rdmartin1

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
After ICS I downloaded the new LTE on/off link and I think I may have accidentally hit something. My phone will not go to LTE when I select any of the LTE network options. It works perfectly fine on 3g, but when I am trying to stream a video I would prefer to be able to use 4G. Please help me

gymgal1951

May 13, 2012
Visit site
A link or an app? I use thunderbolt 3g 4g toggle app from google play. It works good for me.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

rdmartin1

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Not rooted. The Thunderbolt one didn't work after ICS. The new one has an icon that is a gray circle with a red lightning bolt with LTE OnOff written under it.

dj hidroid

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
After ICS I downloaded the new LTE on/off link and I think I may have accidentally hit something. My phone will not go to LTE when I select any of the LTE network options. It works perfectly fine on 3g, but when I am trying to stream a video I would prefer to be able to use 4G. Please help me

It's possible that you lte micro sim card is bad. Try popping it in and out with the phone powered off and if your problem persists call and get a new sim. Also call Vzw to check and see if there is an lte outage in your area because it has happened quite frequently in the last 6 months. I'd also uninstall the lte toggle and then do a power cycle. I use a 4g toggle that is just a shortcut to the data menu and it gives me quick access to enable or disable data if I'm on wi-fi or get to the network options.

Reactions: bradenfontaine

Optid

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
It's possible that you lte micro sim card is bad. Try popping it in and out with the phone powered off and if your problem persists call and get a new sim. Also call Vzw to check and see if there is an lte outage in your area because it has happened quite frequently in the last 6 months. I'd also uninstall the lte toggle and then do a power cycle. I use a 4g toggle that is just a shortcut to the data menu and it gives me quick access to enable or disable data if I'm on wi-fi or get to the network options.

Try doing a hard reboot of your phone. (hold power button and volume down button at same time.)

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

anthony2558

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Could be a SIM card like said before. Did you happen to check what band was selected on the phone itself? Menu> system settings> more> mobile networks. One time mine got stuck in "CDMA only" even after using a app to toggle it. I actually had to go into the mobile networks area and change it manually.

You should be selecting CDMA/LTE/EvDo in the app's settings. Hard reset should fix this as also stated before.

tybo85

Feb 16, 2012
Visit site
I had the same problem, I actually was able to fix it by going into the phone settings and selecting LTE/CDMA in the networks part. It would swith to CDMA only in the switch perfect but wouldnt turn the LTE back on from within the switch

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

Reactions: ikey78

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC