Failure to charge?

bzxzlg

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Have had this happen twice now since going to ICS, wondering if anyone else has expereinced this....

Battery has been run down to +/- 5% ... Phone is powered off .... Next morning the phone is still at the same charge level ... And the charging animation does come on when I plug it in stating that it's charging ....

Thoughts??

bzxzlg

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
I had the same problem for the first time this morning. I cleared the cache and it started charging normally.

I'll give this a try Jesse... On my EVO, there was an option to wipe battery stats...

How do you clear the cache?

Bell, you need to boot into recovery to do this ...
  1. Power off
  2. hold volumne-down, volumne-up, and power buttons at the same time to boot into the bootloader
  3. Once the bootloader menu appears, volumne-down to recovery option and then volumne-up to select
  4. after lloyd and the red-triangle shows up, you must tap volumne-down, volumne-up, and power buttons all together. Don't hold them in like you did in step 2. Just tap all together at the same time and let go. It takes a couple tries but it works.
  5. volumne-down to clear cache option and press the power to select
  6. once it's complete, you should be returned to the main recovery menu and sitting on reboot ... press power

Spatchr

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Battery has been run down to +/- 5% ... Phone is powered off .... Next morning the phone is still at the same charge level ... And the charging animation does come on when I plug it in stating that it's charging ....

Thoughts??

How were you charging the phone? USB or AC?
When I first got my MAXX I charged it the first night then left it unplugged to see how long it would take for the battery to die. Died while at work (28 hours later) so I plugged it in to USB on my computer to charge. Got a white light but after over an hour it still would not turn on. Not sure what the white LED light means, I thought it was an indication it was charging while the phone was off. Maybe someone else knows? Was not until I plugged in my car charger that it began to charge.
Lesson learned, once the battery is discharged to that point the lower wattage of the USB will not charge it, it requires the extra wattage provided by the car/ac charger.

bzxzlg

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Always AC ...

And for those keeping score ... I had a no-charge over Tues night (two nights in a row - third time over-all) ... did the cache wipe yesterday an good charge over-night .... Time will tell ...

Cheers all ...

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante