Sudden Signal Problems??

althomas39

May 15, 2012
Visit site
My signal has been fine since I got the phone, and just as fine since I upgraded to ICS. But starting yesterday, I noticed my battery draining like crazy, and I pinned it to having no signal for 20% of the time off charge. I thought this was insane. I use the LTE On/Off Switch because I don't have good LTE in my house, but I have decent 3G. That's when I noticed I was on 1X.

I've been playing with it today and it's a similar tale. All day at work, I was on LTE and was fine. I was getting around -65 to -75dBm on LTE. Since I've been home though, my battery started draining and I'm checking it now and I've got -100dBm on 1X and (if) 3G shows up, it's around -120dBm. I swear this wasn't the case two days ago or farther back.

Any ideas?

I've rebooted and cleared the cache partition for what that's worth. I just did a factory reset last week.

kingmeow

May 30, 2012
Visit site
Check to see if you have a RIDL process running that is sapping your battery. I just noticed this 3 days ago. When I kill RIDL I lose my 4G connection. Still trying to find out why and how to fix this.

althomas39

May 15, 2012
Visit site
I've had the RILD problem before, so I knew what to look for. This wasn't the case. Normally I reboot and RILD goes away.

I'm trying the Restore Connectivity Settings app now, but I won't be able to notice until I get home because I get perfect 4G connection at work. I'm worried it won't do much because it specifically says it's for 4G and 4G isn't my problem, 3G is. I COULD just simply turn data off at home since I have wifi, but my worry is that it won't connect to 3G anywhere and I'm going on vacation in 2 days and would like to have the capabilities of at least 3G on my 13 hour drive, haha.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair