Google Voice slow?

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Ever since ICS, I've noticed Google Voice has improved in many ways. However, when I have a new voicemail, it doesn't start instantly anymore. I find myself waiting 5 minutes for a voicemail to begin playback

Anyone else? I want Google Voice to work but this is annoying. :(

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
No one is experiencing this issue? I received a voicemail today and after 10 hours it still won't download. It continues to either hang or it "fails to retrieve" whether in the application or call log. If I go to Google Voice on my mobile browser(s), it will NOT load either. However, if I go to the website on my PC, it loads.

I tried reinstalling, phone reboot, cache clearing, force stop, log in and out, delete old voicemails, etc. Nothing works and I'm about to be forced to switch to regular voicemail due to this which I'm not happy about!

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I had Voicemail disabled so I re-enabled it and we will see if it works. I wonder if disabling it caused a conflict.

Helloneumann

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I have not had that problem been using it since day 1. The only problem I have with Gvoice is when I have the Gvoice in my recents checked I get no notification sound for a new voicemail.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I have not had that problem been using it since day 1. The only problem I have with Gvoice is when I have the Gvoice in my recents checked I get no notification sound for a new voicemail.

I solved my issue but I'm not sure how. And yes, I noticed the same thing so I don't select that option.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Glad you solved the problem.

Thank you, but I went over my 450 minutes because I forgot to put my Google Voice number in my friends and family. Verizon gave me bonus minutes to carry me over so I'm grateful for that so it doesn't cost me money. I had to keep calling myself and leaving a voicemail to test it before I figured it out. What a waste of 40 minutes. :(

langhalsn

Nov 20, 2011
Visit site
I have not been getting the voicemail notifications in google voice either since ICS update. Which option did you check / uncheck to solve the problem? Thanks.

I've also noticed for texts that GV notifications are delayed now. I get notification in my GV chrome widget about 3-5 minutes before my phone in many cases.

Glad you solved the problem.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae