Got a SURPRISING good app? Share!

blaidth

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
Gps status and toolbox. Has a compass as well as gps data. And quickly lets you clear the agps data if you are having trouble with lock. Also tricorder app by moonblink, sadly no longer available. But it has gps data, compass, wireless data info, wifi signal info and just kind of fun. Also i like tune in radio. Nice app for listening to whatever you want. The pro version lets you record for listening at a later time and has an alarm feature.

Reactions: bradenfontaine

maxman1

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
So far I've been very impressed with ICS Browser +. It's based on the stock browser but with the features you'd expect. The configuration & customization options are terrific and even better than Dolphin HD. With 1 tap you can access pretty much any browser function...goodbye Chrome.

4c6b33b9-0887-f582.jpg

Sent from my Verizon 4G RAZR Maxx using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Praggles

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
Its surprising how much the Southwest Airlines app sucks given Androids share of the market. Its plain there is an apple southwest agreement in place to restrict basic functionality such as DING. Attn Southwest rivals...my business miles are up for grabs with the right app..

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Its surprising how much the Southwest Airlines app sucks given Androids share of the market. Its plain there is an apple southwest agreement in place to restrict basic functionality such as DING. Attn Southwest rivals...my business miles are up for grabs with the right app..

Well, at least you can check in for your flight using the app.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It's been a while since the app was officially available, due to annoying copyright issues from Columbia, I think. So I'm not sure what changes there were. Still works, though!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Uh no that does not work tonight either...hence the rant...

Must be a problem with the Southwest system rather than the app, because it definitely is a function. Maybe iPhone users are also having problems?

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
My favorite app would be Tripit since I do a lot of traveling, this keeps all my traveling organized so I know if I forgot to book a hotel or rental car and since I do a few flight planning at a time, it keeps me in sync with flight times.

sherri

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site
DroidTV. Bar none. Worth every penny. DVR for your Android. Walked 9.6 miles on treadmill today. My a$$ hates this app. I love it. Price went up, and I am extremely cheap. I DO NOT HAVE A CHECKING ACCOUNT OR CREDIT CARD!

I actually am "cash and carry". Used my cash for a Visa Gift Card just for this app. Seriously. If you watch TV (not live....) you will love this. I will renew, and if you knew me, that is the highest praise you can get....

Https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.PersonalDVR.Subscription

Sent from my Droid Razr using Tapatalk 2

briang00

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Ok so how did you get that menu to come up. Cant figure it out

So far I've been very impressed with ICS Browser +. It's based on the stock browser but with the features you'd expect. The configuration & customization options are terrific and even better than Dolphin HD. With 1 tap you can access pretty much any browser function...goodbye Chrome.

Click to view quoted image

maxman1

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Ok so how did you get that menu to come up. Cant figure it out

Just touch the right edge of the screen. You can customize the number of the rings, the commands on each ring & set the size for the pop-up gesture in the settings. The default size is about right for me, get too large and it can interfere with controls on web pages. Outstanding browser. I use all 3 rings customized for my uses. By far the easiest & fasted mobile browser navigation I've seen and load speed is equal to any.

jlewis

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I know about the "ring" control on the new Browser - a GREAT addition. It works on the Right or Left side of the screen.

But how do you change the settings for it? I cannot find anything on the menus that allows you to adjust the size or number of rings.

maxman1

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I know about the "ring" control on the new Browser - a GREAT addition. It works on the Right or Left side of the screen.

But how do you change the settings for it? I cannot find anything on the menus that allows you to adjust the size or number of rings.

Settings / Quick Controls / Edit Quick Control Rings

MikeLip

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
Math geek?

Mathmatiz. Free Ad supported, but not obtrusive. If there was a pay version, I'd pay it.
Math Script. Free
Wolfram Alpha. Generally very good. You do need data since it's all done remotely. They keyboard sort of sucks.
ClassicRPN - gives you the three nearly best calculators ever - HP11c, 12 and 16. $16.99. I paid it :)
Go41CX - the incredible HP41 calculator. The best calc HP ever did. Yeah, I know there are other HPs with more capability, like the 48 and 49. The 41 is still the best and the cx is the best of the best.

Drawing - Infinite Design. $5. Worth it.

bradenfontaine

The Mad Man
Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
...dork, just kidding :p

Lightflow... tons of customization and really is a good conversation piece with other smartphone dorks like myself.

Sent from my DROID SPYDER using Tapatalk 2

MikeLip

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
I must be sort of dumb. I never got Tapatalk to work right for me. Maybe I need to spend more time with it, but it's not exactly always clear how to make it behave.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Math geek?

Mathmatiz. Free Ad supported, but not obtrusive. If there was a pay version, I'd pay it.
Math Script. Free
Wolfram Alpha. Generally very good. You do need data since it's all done remotely. They keyboard sort of sucks.
ClassicRPN - gives you the three nearly best calculators ever - HP11c, 12 and 16. $16.99. I paid it :)
Go41CX - the incredible HP41 calculator. The best calc HP ever did. Yeah, I know there are other HPs with more capability, like the 48 and 49. The 41 is still the best and the cx is the best of the best.

Drawing - Infinite Design. $5. Worth it.

Hey, what do you think about RealCalc? That's my go-to calculator app.