well, i bricked my RAZR MAXX...

epicness

May 13, 2012
Visit site
apparently i'm a moron. my Razr Maxx didn't even need rooting. it was just fine and dandy. had the new ICS update and i was real happy with it. but i got into trying to root my fiancee's Thunderbolt and couldn't do it, along the way started reading into all the joys of root and was lured in. so i did it...and it was easy...and the phone seemed to work great afterwards. i went in downloading tons of root-only apps and then playing with changes. when i was done, i went to restart the beast because it had asked me to...well, now the d@mn thing will get to the boot animation i requested (rotting apple that turns into droid eye, lol) and it hangs on the eye. will NOT boot. i try to reset it to put it in HBOOT mode...won't do it. it will reboot and do the same thing again. i'm pretty frustrated. am i just totally screwed? did i just cost me $800?

epicness

May 13, 2012
Visit site
i think i may have it fixed...gotta let it charge before i can get it flashed. i kinda like the idea of rooting though...i'd like to figure out what i did to make it freeze like that...anyone have any idea? i made a lot of different apps not start on startup...maybe i suspended one that mattered? or maybe it was the boot animation? anyone have any clue? i might end up rooting again after it's flashed back to it's former self. now that i know it CAN be unbricked (most the time), i'm a little more confident to test the waters again...

anyone have any advice? i've read a lot of root noob threads...but apparently i didn't read the right thing...lol

cyanogen-man

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
Wow bro never under any circumstance should you ever root your phone without 78% battery or higher (my personal rule is 100%) but did you flash clock work mod from from manager and give it su (super user) permision and you gotta be carefully BC of the update to ics there were security patches put in place to make it unrootable

cyanogen-man

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
And dude you gotta make sure you ha e s off to make changes like that other wise you you will get BS like that and make sure its not temporary root if its temporary you loose root be very, time you re boot and if you flashed a custom from did you back up your current from have that box checked as well as wipe dalvic and system wipe if you don't wipe the dalvic cache it will boot loop as yours did

cyanogen-man

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
Ikr I found this as random but eh oh well I tryed to help but you gotta specify what you did and didn't do and volume down power button is h boot and you should be able to restore it and a mother thing I do like the razor design accept no removable battery nor expandable storage if you wipe every thing it wipes the root and: rom as well

bradenfontaine

The Mad Man
Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
... has a removable SD card buddy...

and it is the AP FastBoot menu, not the H Boot menu. also it is volume up, volume down, and the power button. volume down and power button is screen shot/mock battery pull/reset.

please do your research before giving advise, hate to have to fix someone else's goof.

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
Ikr I found this as random but eh oh well I tryed to help but you gotta specify what you did and didn't do and volume down power button is h boot and you should be able to restore it and a mother thing I do like the razor design accept no removable battery nor expandable storage if you wipe every thing it wipes the root and: rom as well

Wrong forum bro, we have Motorola's not Samsung hahaha. This is why I ALWAYS say don't touch things unless you know what you're doing. This is what happens.

Sent from my RAZR MAXXIMUS ;)

tech_head

Q&A Team
Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
Personal philosophy: Don't do anything to your phone if you don't know how to get back to stock.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

I would have to agree.

Investigate all worse case scenarios and figure out how to get back, *BEFORE* making any changes.

cyanogen-man

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
... has a removable SD card buddy...

and it is the AP FastBoot menu, not the H Boot menu. also it is volume up, volume down, and the power button. volume down and power button is screen shot/mock battery pull/reset.

please do your research before giving advise, hate to have to fix someone else's goof.
Yea sorry I don't have this phone I guess I'm not the best person for this I'm not even on Verizon I got at&t and I'm on an HTC sorry for my ignorance *face palm*