barcode labels

jeffrok

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
So I'm wondering how many people have peeled off the barcode labels on the back of their RAZR MAXX phones.. If I ever have to take my phone to Verizon for service, will they still be able to tell that the phone is mine without these? I have a clear case on my phone, and I feel the phone would look much better without these labels.

Also, if you did remove the labels, did they peel off cleanly or did you have to wash adhesive off the back of the phone afterward?

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure what you're talking about. Mine doesn't have any bar code labels on it. But yeah they know it's your based on serial number and imei number.

Sent from my RAZR MAXXIMUS ;)

jeffrok

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
Interesting.. Maybe it's because I bought it from Amazon and not Verizon.. Maybe Verizon peels these off before they turn the phone over to you.

tech_head

Q&A Team
Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
There is a thin plastic film with barcodes.
Pulled it off.

They know who the phone belongs to, if it's still alive.
If it's dead, hmm. I kept the receipt.

Reactions: jeffrok

jeffrok

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
You are the winner! Thanks for the tip.. Didn't even notice that there was a plastic film.. Now it looks much cooler without big ol' white barcodes on it.

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I peeled that off the first day as soon as I realized it was on, I can't stand plastic. Didn't even realize it had bar codes lol

maynardjames

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
The same information is on the inside of the sim/SD door so feel free to peel those stickers. Its funny I didn't realize I still had the plastic film on my maxx until a week ago I've had the phone since April

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

Sandman333

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Bar codes were on mine and the wife's MAXX and we got them shipped direct from Verizon.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

jeffrok

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
Oh, well you would've noticed them- one barcode was about 1 inch by one inch, on white background paper, and the other was about 1/8 inch by 1 inch. Yours apparently didn't have what mine had.

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
Yeah mine didn't have anything on the back, I only realized that it was plastic due to the feel and the color of the Back plate, I thought it felt strange

joshnoth

Mar 6, 2013
Visit site
if those barcode labels really influence aesthetics of your phone, I think you should give some feedback for the suppliers and help them improve it. By the way, have you ever met some barcode apps which could let users generate our own barcode labels?