Facebook for Android App . . .

NJ Fred

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
I experience long delays (the whirlpool is on the screen) when using FB for Android. I experienced this, also, on my Droid 3 running both rooted and unrooted Gingerbread.

Is there a better app with which to access FB?

Many thanks!

hakimmmmm

Jan 14, 2012
Visit site
Try friendcaster for facebook its better smoother and you can try it before you buy

Since i cant uninstall the fb app from my razraxx for some weird reason im using friend caster

Sent from my XT910 using Tapatalk 2

Venez68

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
The Facebook app is notoriously slow, but since the update a few weeks ago it's been running pretty smooth for me.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm going to be totally unhelpful here, but the Facebook for Android app has always been annoyingly slow. My suggestion? Get on Google+! That app is smooth as silk.

Reactions: bradenfontaine

jeffrok

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm going to be totally unhelpful here, but the Facebook for Android app has always been annoyingly slow. My suggestion? Get on Google+! That app is smooth as silk.

Except when someone wants access to Facebook, they can't use the Google+ app. :D

MikeLip

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
Just use a browser. Chrome works very well. The big problem with the app - at least from what I've seen on iPhone - is that it's a data hog. With data caps running rampant, you need to be aware whats using data when you don't expect it to.

Reactions: TitoRoE

durango992007

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
I've been using the app since it came with ICS and haven't had much of a problem with it. It was slow as hell on my old Ally (even though that phone was slow.) It is just a tad slower than when using a browser when you just want to check statuses, pictures though, haha, use a browser.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

BryanTheRed

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Sounds like the same issues the iOS app has. Supposedly FB is working on a completely redesigned app, the story I heard was it would be 2013 before we see it though... Grain of salt!

gymgal1951

May 13, 2012
Visit site
I use facebook for android AND the full version of facebook which is free in google play store. It's a great app. With no adds!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech