Las Vegas battery life + ICS= Fail

s.sonics

Jul 27, 2012
Visit site
I was just in Vegas this past weekend. First, time since ICS on my Maxx. The previous times I was able to toggle off the LTE since it has 1 bar or 0. Since they removed that option it kept flopping back and forth to the 3G. This killed my battery in about 4 hours of time. My phone was really hot also. The only way I could keep a charge was turn off the data. Are they looking to patch ICS and add this back?? Absolutely horrible

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I'm so glad we have another thread to discuss this issue. The other 9 weren't sufficient.

Yes they are looking to do a patch, and yes everyone knows that not toggling 4G off is a "problem" for some people. Hopefully the next patch will fix it for those who are having a problem.

Reactions: bradenfontaine

rbess1965

May 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm so glad we have another thread to discuss this issue. The other 9 weren't sufficient.

Yes they are looking to do a patch, and yes everyone knows that not toggling 4G off is a "problem" for some people. Hopefully the next patch will fix it for those who are having a problem.

People are going to come on here with questions hoping others can help them. Try to play nice. Not everyone coming to this site is the expert you are or on here as much:)

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
People are going to come on here with questions hoping others can help them. Try to play nice. Not everyone coming to this site is the expert you are or on here as much:)

That's definitely true, and I do appreciate you helping me to maintain perspective. The only reason I bring that up is because on the first page of this forum, there's already multiple threads discussing this. so we have 9 conversations going all at once about the same thing.

But I do apologize for coming off harsh. I don't want to be a jerk, but it would be cool if we could condense all of these into one "Battery Life" thread or sticky even.

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
I think a lot of people just are so frustrated they just want to vent their dissatisfaction with ICS and do it without searching, just gotta get it out there kind of thing. I can certainly understand and the mere existence of so many threads on the same basic topic confirms this IMO. TBH, I'm very glad I am a frequenter of various forums, so I knew about certain issues and could make an informed decision regarding any updates. There's nothing wrong with bypassing another thread on a same ol same ol topic. Makes more sense than going into it and making snide remarks. Just my .02

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I used to say the same thing. "if you don't like the headline, move on". But the reason i didn't take my own advice with this one, is because we have had great conversations lately on this forum but all these battery life topics are getting outrageous. I jump on here now looking for something interesting or relatively new, and all there is, is battery life...battery life......battery life.

I can understand the venting thing too, but if people actually want solutions, they'd look through other topics with the same headline as theirs first.

Sent via SwiftKey 3 on Droid Razr Maxx

isaacdibb1095

Mar 7, 2012
Visit site
Go to phone.
Type: *#*#4636#*#*
Select: Phone Options.
Scroll down.
Select the drop down box.
Select CDMA Auto (PRL)
Hit Back button.
Hit home.
Now you are locked on 3g.
Enjoy:)

-Isaac-

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

apquijano

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
I agree. This is absolutely horrible. ICS is the worst thing to come to cell phones ever and should never had been invented.

Only three hours screen time. Mainly for Navigation.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

Reactions: LegalAmerican

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance