She got so hot my ZAGG melted.

Praggles

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
I knew my screen temps were up there post ICS by touch but ... got a new ZAGG HD screen protector from best buy. They installed. Material became so soft after being on my screen that my fingernail made a trough in the surface...it is like candle wax...I replaced to see if non HD protector is better. Store manager had never seen anything like it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

maxman1

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Wow! That's hot and no way could I believe that's even close to normal. I think on this one I might ask for replacement.

Sent from my Verizon 4G RAZR Maxx using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: Praggles

Praggles

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
For the record I did FR and cache clear the phone...about 4 times (I'm really good at it now)..I am now waiting for some kind of official patch. I hate the thought of getting a rebuilt phone as I think that's what my insurance entitles me to...I got one before a few years back and it grossed me out.

Btw best buy actually installs the zagg which is kind of a skill...Amazon does not.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
For the record I did FR and cache clear the phone...about 4 times (I'm really good at it now)..I am now waiting for some kind of official patch. I hate the thought of getting a rebuilt phone as I think that's what my insurance entitles me to...I got one before a few years back and it grossed me out.

Btw best buy actually installs the zagg which is kind of a skill...Amazon does not.

Refurbished doesn't necessarily mean rebuilt. It could just be a phone that someone returned within the 14 day period because they wanted something else, so it could be good as new. And if it works right, it sure as heck is better than a brand new phone that's burning a hole in your pocket or purse.:eek:

Praggles

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
No...Best Buy did not mention that...think all the water under the protector had an effect?...if so that would be good if I did not have to replace phone.

bradenfontaine

The Mad Man
Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
read up. ive followed these instruction on all (6) devices i've applied them to. never a problem. the fact that best buy didn't follow these instructions in my opinion warranty a brand new replacement. so... did he at least turn the phone off before applying it?

Reactions: Praggles

bradenfontaine

The Mad Man
Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
im sorry that first link did not show exactly what i was trying to convey. on the same page one of the first "pre" steps is to cut your device off.

Untitled-8.png

Praggles

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
Actually no...the phone was not off just clicked to sleep.

Thanks...I have a new ZAGG now just not HD.

jeverts

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
Correct me if I'm wrong, don't these and even tablets dissipate heat through the glass? I seem to recall reading that. I thought that to be the case and it's why I don't cover my screen. Have I got it wrong?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

bradenfontaine

The Mad Man
Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
jUnT3.gif

like i said, i've never had an issue with heat. that being said, i have had screens get scratched, and yes, even Gorilla Glass. so i would RECOMMEND a screen protector, even if it raises your core temps by 1 degree Celsius.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38