I knew my screen temps were up there post ICS by touch but ... got a new ZAGG HD screen protector from best buy. They installed. Material became so soft after being on my screen that my fingernail made a trough in the surface...it is like candle wax...I replaced to see if non HD protector is better. Store manager had never seen anything like it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums
    08-05-2012 03:05 PM
    I have the same problem. My screen gets ridiculously hot.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    Praggles likes this.
    08-05-2012 04:23 PM
    Wow! That's hot and no way could I believe that's even close to normal. I think on this one I might ask for replacement.

Sent from my Verizon 4G RAZR Maxx using Tapatalk 2
    Praggles likes this.
    08-05-2012 05:18 PM
    Even when i was overclocked mine didn't get that hot. Might want to consider a replacement

sent from the fingers of a madman
    Praggles likes this.
    08-05-2012 06:00 PM
    Just for the record..best buy is a ripoff.Amazon all the way...

bradenfontaine likes this.
    08-05-2012 10:09 PM
    I found that doing a factory reset fixed alot of those issue for me...
    08-05-2012 11:34 PM
    I found that doing a factory reset fixed alot of those issue for me...
    So does rooting but you don't see a lot of people up on that bandwagon

08-06-2012 08:15 PM
    For the record I did FR and cache clear the phone...about 4 times (I'm really good at it now)..I am now waiting for some kind of official patch. I hate the thought of getting a rebuilt phone as I think that's what my insurance entitles me to...I got one before a few years back and it grossed me out.

Btw best buy actually installs the zagg which is kind of a skill...Amazon does not.

08-06-2012 09:21 PM
    For the record I did FR and cache clear the phone...about 4 times (I'm really good at it now)..I am now waiting for some kind of official patch. I hate the thought of getting a rebuilt phone as I think that's what my insurance entitles me to...I got one before a few years back and it grossed me out.

Btw best buy actually installs the zagg which is kind of a skill...Amazon does not.

Refurbished doesn't necessarily mean rebuilt. It could just be a phone that someone returned within the 14 day period because they wanted something else, so it could be good as new. And if it works right, it sure as heck is better than a brand new phone that's burning a hole in your pocket or purse.
    bradenfontaine and Praggles like this.
    08-06-2012 10:02 PM
    Also Zagg recommends leaving the phone off for at least 12 hours after installing. Was that done?

Praggles likes this.
    08-07-2012 08:04 AM
    No...Best Buy did not mention that...think all the water under the protector had an effect?...if so that would be good if I did not have to replace phone.

08-07-2012 08:35 AM
    No...Best Buy did not mention that...think all the water under the protector had an effect?...if so that would be good if I did not have to replace phone.

ZAGG | Application Instructions
    08-07-2012 08:38 AM
    read up. ive followed these instruction on all (6) devices i've applied them to. never a problem. the fact that best buy didn't follow these instructions in my opinion warranty a brand new replacement. so... did he at least turn the phone off before applying it?
    Praggles likes this.
    08-07-2012 08:40 AM
    im sorry that first link did not show exactly what i was trying to convey. on the same page one of the first "pre" steps is to cut your device off.

08-07-2012 10:09 AM
    Actually no...the phone was not off just clicked to sleep.

Thanks...I have a new ZAGG now just not HD.

08-07-2012 03:26 PM
    the HD doesnt matter, the fact they best Buy may have damaged your phone is what should concern you.
    08-07-2012 03:29 PM
    Correct me if I'm wrong, don't these and even tablets dissipate heat through the glass? I seem to recall reading that. I thought that to be the case and it's why I don't cover my screen. Have I got it wrong?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    08-07-2012 04:04 PM
    Im sure they do. But a screen protector wont cause it to overheat.

08-07-2012 04:06 PM
    Every little bit helps.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    08-07-2012 04:21 PM

like i said, i've never had an issue with heat. that being said, i have had screens get scratched, and yes, even Gorilla Glass. so i would RECOMMEND a screen protector, even if it raises your core temps by 1 degree Celsius.
    08-07-2012 06:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD