worth giving up for a maxx?

brandonx1000

rule the air.
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
So I have the chance to get a Maxx from a friend for $200. I currently have the S3. Other than battery life, is it worth giving up the S3?

BryanTheRed

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
i'm not "losing" the GS3, the wife wants one...i figure 2 birds 1 stone and not wasting an upgrade

hmm.

If that is the case then go for it. I traded my beloved iPhone 4S for the Maxx and don't miss it one bit. The battery life really sold me on an Android device this time!

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX

SirGeorgeKillian

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm at the point that a phone would have to be pretty sweet for me to give up the battery life of my Maxx. A cool phone you can't use isn't any good...

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
i'm not "losing" the GS3, the wife wants one...i figure 2 birds 1 stone and not wasting an upgrade

hmm.

Yeah I didn't say anything about "losing" the S3. But I assumed you wouldn't be using it anymore if you had the Maxx, in which case I personally would use the S3 day to day. However, with the added info that you shared in your second post, it sounds like a good scenario.

Bob61

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
After using the Maxx and many other phones I don't think I can go back to anything that has a smaller battery even if it does have better specs.

sent from the fingers of a madman
BradenFontaine@gmail.com
It would have to definitely be some substantially different specs. I came from Nexus which on paper would be more desirable, but really haven't missed my Nexus and like my Maxx.

Reactions: bradenfontaine

brandonx1000

rule the air.
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
so i got it an activated it today...really digging the battery life. My friend gave it to me with 40% on it, and after a wipe then using it straight for 3 hours, it dipped to 20%

I just can't get over the screen. Don't get me wrong, it isnt bad by any means, but coming from a 4.8 HD to 4.3 SA Advanced...it kinda stinks. This definitely makes me want the Razr HD even more

chevyman29

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
i had the maxx and went to the s3 . I will never consider another moto phone if its not at least as good as this s3 . from the screen to the camera to the over all speed it to me is really no contest . even though the maxx battery is better im still making through a day with the s3 . with my last 3 moto devices it seems like it was always having some stupid issue with a bug or needing a patch or update then the update breaks something else . and i will for sure NOT be updating my s3 to anything its working great as is and im not chanceing it to no update.

jeffrok

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
to me screen is minor.. Yes, side by side you'll notice a difference, but after using the phone for a bit you forget how sharp it is our isn't.

The Razr/Maxx isn't great, but it's far from terrible.

Dave_k605

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
On my sg3 I average 14 hours of battery life with around 3.5 hours screen on time.

My phone is on from 7am til when ever it needs charges, I don't take it off 4g, if I did it would be better...however it doesn't need to be.......

Although the maxx battery life would be nice, it's really unneeded in my eyes, 99 percent of people WILL plug their phone in every night before bed, so having a phone that can run 2 days days is pointless imho.

Unlike others in this thread I will always take better hardware with acceptable battery life. In today's world a charger is almost always a reach away.

Last edited:

chevyman29

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
oh i agree the difference in the screen is minor but coupled with the difference in the camera and all the other things and it becomes clear to me that the s3 is pretty much a better all around device .not trying to knock on the moto as im a huge moto fan but your definitly getting more for your money with the S3

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
On my sg3 I average 14 hours of battery life with around 3.5 hours screen on time.

My phone is on from 7am til when ever it needs charges, I don't take it off 4g, if I did it would be better...however it doesn't need to be.......

Although the maxx battery life would be nice, it's really unneeded in my eyes, 99 percent of people WILL plug their phone in every night before bed, so having a phone that can run 2 days days is pointless imho.

Unlike others in this thread I will always take better hardware with acceptable battery life. In today's world a charger is almost always a reach away.

You make some good points, but you are forgetting a massive aspect here. The benefit of the Maxx is NOT that you use it like any other phone and it will still last long enough to make it to the charger at night.....the benefit, is that you can enjoy whatever settings you want, and STILL make it to the charger. I guarantee you I can make a S3 or Rezound or Nexus last as long as the maxx. But i'd be setting the screen brightness to 0, shutting off all data, and using zero widgets. With the Maxx, you use whatever settings and widgets you want, AND you use it a ton throughout the day and it STILL makes it through.

So it isn't pointless to have a phone that can run two days, it's pointless to have a phone that can't be used or fully unleashed. The Maxx can do these things, others cannot. I know people say......"I am getting a full day on moderate use" and they think that makes their phone as good as the Maxx, but let me say.......I am getting more than a full day with the Maxx, while absolutely abusing it. I can use it for EVERYTHING and it still lasts. That is the difference here.

It has nothing to do with how far away the charger is, it has to do with the user experience and peace of mind. Also, a charger may always be a reach away, but these are mobile phones. They aren't intended to be land lines. The Maxx is the only device that takes this seriously.

Super Turtleman

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Well said, but to each his own. I'll take battery life every time...but my needs require my phone to last as long as possible. Others don't need it so much...which is why Android is great. You can get a phone that fits you instead of the one-size-fits-all approach from Apple.

One does have to wonder why a GSIII user is strolling about the Maxx forums though...:p

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers