Little black splotches

beperry1

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
I only notice this at 0% screen brightness, but on a dark screen I see little black patches in the center and at the top. It doesn't really bother me, but I wanted to see if anyone else has this going on or not.

Ouch...it's a RAZR, Maxx.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Very common occurrence with LCD screens. I've seen it on every single device I've had, including HTC Droid Incredible, Sony Xperia Play, Acer A100, and Acer A500. It's not a defect.

Reactions: bradenfontaine

durango992007

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
Had them on all 3 of my maxx`s. Definitely not a defect.
To poster above me; this is the only lcd screen I've seen this on. All the others I've tried don't have it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Had them on all 3 of my maxx`s. Definitely not a defect.
To poster above me; this is the only lcd screen I've seen this on. All the others I've tried don't have it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

You were probably lucky with the other phones. I'm sure there are LCDs that don't have any noticeable splotches at low brightness, but I'm guessing that the majority of them do.

p08757

** Superhero **
Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
I only notice this at 0% screen brightness, but on a dark screen I see little black patches in the center and at the top. It doesn't really bother me, but I wanted to see if anyone else has this going on or not.

Ouch...it's a RAZR, Maxx.

Me too. Doesn't really bother me that much.

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Have to take your words for it, never seen em myself. But never looked either. Hmmmm...guess it's not much of a issue then.