ICS Problem on my Maxx

gpascazio

Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
I upgraded recently to ICS on my ans now I am having problems. Unfortunately I am away from home and I am very rarely in a location with either good WIFI or phone service. Here what is going on:

1. My music app freezes.
2. Can no longer text photos in text app.
3. Battery usage is high and takes along time to charge. I have turned off both wifi and phone service. I have also put phone on sleep mode to conserve power.
4. Phone freezes at times after do three finger boot to unfreeze.

I would appreciate any help to resolve these issues. I am willing to go back to the old OS if need be.
Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Agree with factory data reset. However, before you try that, you could also try clearing the cache partition, which many people recommend, because it may be cluttered with leftover junk from Gingerbread that remained behind even after upgrading to ICS. This junk could potentially interfere with the proper performance of the system. The advantage of the cache partition wipe is that you don't lose any data. Here's a link to an article describing how to do it:

How to Fix Droid RAZR and Droid RAZR MAXX Ice Cream Sandwich Issues

Reactions: bradenfontaine

THAMLET420

May 3, 2012
Visit site
I have tried to clear the cashe several times. I get to the HBOOT screen, select recovery, then push the power button as instructed. When I hold the button down waiting for the triangle and exclamation, nothing happens. If I just push it down and release, the phone restarts. Please help. I have lost my alarm function. The alarms I have previously set are still there, but I can't set new alarms.

apquijano

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
I have tried to clear the cashe several times. I get to the HBOOT screen, select recovery, then push the power button as instructed. When I hold the button down waiting for the triangle and exclamation, nothing happens. If I just push it down and release, the phone restarts. Please help. I have lost my alarm function. The alarms I have previously set are still there, but I can't set new alarms.

To select the Recovery option, you press the Volume Up key, not the power button. Once you reach the Android with the triangle, you press both the volume keys at the same time.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

Reactions: bradenfontaine

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon