Got tablet?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Is brightness all the way up, or is it on Automatic Brightness? Might seem a little dim if on auto.

droidntn

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
Is brightness all the way up, or is it on Automatic Brightness? Might seem a little dim if on auto.

Might be the problem, I'll check on it Friday when she brings it back (coworker)
I will say scrolling through magazine articles wasn't as 'snappy' as on my fire.
good looking unit..Jellybean looks better.
VERY lightweight though.
So, yes, it may have been dim.

droidntn

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
That Note looks pretty cool, I surely like the spen and split screen functions. but it is so big compared to a N7 or KF.
My KF, if not in it's case, I can literally just stick it in my jeans back pocket.
That's one of the things I love about it..the size.
One case where, ahem.....
bigger is not better.
But, it's still really cool.
Maybe a Note 7 is in the worx.

droidntn

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
That Note looks pretty cool, I surely like the spen and split screen functions. but it is so big compared to a N7 or KF.
My KF, if not in it's case, I can literally just stick it in my jeans back pocket.
That's one of the things I love about it..the size.
One case where, ahem.....
bigger is not better.
But, it's still really cool.
Maybe a Note 7 is in the worx.

freeky1

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Xoom LTE purchased over a year and a half ago and running better than ever on Jellybean! My wife has a wifi Xoom and loves it as well.

Sent from my Xoom running EOS3 Jelly Bean using Tapatalk 2.

droidntn

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
All of this upcoming tablet war combined with this amazing phone we all own here, makes one really second guess the NEED for a tablet like the N7 or KF.
Because in reality, afaik, the only thing I cannot do on Maxx is read my free book on my Amazon Prime subscription.
I haven't found anything else I cannot do on it.
Sure..it's easier to read and manipulate on the 7" screen of that fine N7 I played with last week.

That said, if I had to buy one now, I'd def go for the N7 (I guess I'd wait on the KF2 to see what's up with it)
But, again...I'm not sure it's all worth even the $200.00 for that larger screen convenience.
I always have my phone in my pocket.
But, even with it being a comfortable 7" and fits in a jeans pocket, I don't always have my KF in my pocket.

So, I guess what I'm examining here is:
With the screen size and usefulness of a Droid Razr Maxx...
WHY do we even need a tablet?
**The Note, with it's stylus, note taking and split screen use, does make a valid argument here.**

Diordna11

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
Started out with a Nook Color rooted running CM7 and then bought a Galaxy Tab 7 from TMo and then chilled on tablets for about 18 months. Tuesday morning this week I was logging onto my desktop and that seductive little Nexus 7 ad in Chrome popped up for about the 10th time and I gave in and bought 2 - 8GB models. One for me and one for my son. They came UPS Thursday around noon and we have really given them a workout today. Both units are physically flawless, no dead pixels or any other problems that have been reported. We are just amazed that these things were only $200 and came with the $25 Play Store credit. I can't say enough good things about the N7 and the screen is amazing.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

nogutsnoglory

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
Blackberry playbook here,64 GB. Bought out in January to go along with my now sold blackberry bold. The combination was pretty cool because you can"bridge"the 2 devices do that the playbook connects to the phone for its internet connection. Although it was only 3G. Still like and use the playbook for its flash capability and its size.

eriksahn

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm on a Galaxy 8.9 and the new ipad. Surprising enough, the ICS updates that just rolled out for the 8.9 has improved its performance dramatically. I've actually been using the 8.9 a ton now. I almost sold it before the update.

Looking into trading the ipad in and getting Galaxy Note 10.1 now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

bradenfontaine

The Mad Man
Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
Kindle Fire running CM9. Trying to decide on getting another one of these or a Nexus. Really do LOVE the build quality of the Kindle though. Tough, sturdy, very well made. Not plastic and flimsy...

Using my Kindle Fire breathing CM9

droidntn

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
Kindle Fire running CM9. Trying to decide on getting another one of these or a Nexus. Really do LOVE the build quality of the Kindle though. Tough, sturdy, very well made. Not plastic and flimsy...

I agree with the build quality of the Fire. But the N7 is a beast and the same cost as a Fire. I HATE the bookshelf thing. After putting Go Launcher Ex on my Fire I use it a lot more now.
I am considering getting an N7 and giving my Fire to my wife or son.
The Fire2 is going to have to come out with some new sparks if it wants to stay in the heat.
Namely, douse out that bookshelf and give us JB to use.
Although I love me some Amazon, I can still use Amazon with Jelly Bean and without the constraining bookshelf.

Sent from Marx Maxx

atlantar6

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
Now rocking the Note. I like it, but not using the split screen or the pen as much as I thought I would. The screen is just meh, text isn't as clear as I hoped.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk 2

bradenfontaine

The Mad Man
Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
Check my post above. Rooted and running CM9. No more bookshelf. Now my Kindle is a full blown tablet.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1346680182244.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1346680182244.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 24

bradenfontaine

The Mad Man
Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
Already read it.
I'm old fashioned.
Just think an person shouldn't have to root a device to get the best use out of it.

Sent from Marx Maxx

I agree with you 100%. I don't think someone should have to. It makes me sick knowing what this Kindle can do, and what they limit it to. I :screwy:

droidntn

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
I agree with you 100%. I don't think someone should have to. It makes me sick knowing what this Kindle can do, and what they limit it to. I :screwy:

Yea man, Google saw a good opportunity for that and seized it in the N7.
I actually like the Note with a stylus. I design and manage website on the side and could use it.
But it's new and a little big. Hopefully they'll release a 7 or 8 inches, (man laugh) soon.

Sent from Marx Maxx

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nayminthuyain888