Razr trying to make emergency call

Casey Cheung

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
This has happened to me a couple times after I plug in my Razr Maxx to a USB charging cord. At the lock screen, the phone is pressing the numbers 7 and 8 repeatedly by itself and won't stop. I literally cannot make the phone stop pressing numbers on its own at the lock screen, and I think it's trying to make an emergency phone call. This has happened a couple times after plugging phone into a charging cord. I then need to do a soft reset by pressing power button and volume down button for several seconds to fix the problem. What is going on??

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
Sounds like a hardware issue. You could try a factory reset and see if it helps, or you can call Verizon and see if they will send a replacement. Something isn't right

Sent from my RAZR MAXXIMUS ;)

Casey Cheung

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone else experienced this? I just recently got this phone from Verizon as a replacement for my previous Thunderbolt. Thanks.

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
I've never heard of it. But whenever the touch screen selects things by itself its a hint that something is wrong. I would just call and get a new one anyway since it's already a replacement

Sent from my RAZR MAXXIMUS ;)

tlacour

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Try a different charging cable as well. I've had a couple chargers that made the screen do weird things presumably due to a short of some sort.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781