USB Connectivity

Skycomb

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
When I first got my phone I was able to drag and drop mp3 files from my computer to my phone through USB. Recently wanted to add more music but when I plug in the USB from the phone into the computer it only charges. Nothing pops up on my phone or the computer like it did the first time I transfered my music. Is there a problem?

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Check your USB settings. You need to be plugged in via the cable to do it. The ICS update maybe messed them up. I think when plugged in you pull down the curtain and the options are there. No clue if ICS is diff from GB. I'm on GB.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Sometimes it takes 20-30 seconds for the computer to recognize the Maxx as a drive. Be patient after you plug the phone in, and wait for it to show up in Windows Explorer.

Sent from my A100 using Android Central Forums

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
You have it on charge only. When you plug it in pull down the notification bar and select mass storage or whatever

Sent from my RAZR MAXXIMUS ;)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It would be important to know if the OP has ICS or Gingerbread installed. Charge Only is no longer an option with ICS. It should default to USB Mass Storage, which should allow for drag and drop file transfer in Windows Explorer.

Reactions: Deron Baker

sarivers

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
I had a similar problem. I was going from a DX2 to a Razr Maxx. I plugged the Maxx to my laptop with the old DX2 USB cord. It would only change. I worked through 3 levels of Motorola Help and was finally told by the 3rd level that I had to use the new USB cord that came with the Maxx. I plugged in the new cord and started transferring data immediately. They look alike but evidently something is different.

Last edited: