Razr Maxx suddenly very slow

gregba

Feb 23, 2010
Visit site
The past few days or so my Maxx has become extremely slow and the touch screen isnt as responsive. I think it is called "re-draw" when you come out of an app to the home screen, but when I do that sometimes it will take up to 20 seconds for the icons/apps to show up.

I have deleted the most recent apps I downloaded, but that didnt do anything.

Any other suggestions on how to get it back to how it was before?

I'm sure a factory reset will take care of it, but i would want that as my last option.

Thanks in advance!

anon(18763)

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
I'm getting the same thing lately. Now its getting so bad it says the home screen had stopped responding

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

bradenfontaine

The Mad Man
Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm not one to push people to buy apps, but this has saved me from numerous headaches. System Panel.

Technically it is a task manager, and it does has the option to kill apps, but it's main use is to hunt down problem apps. Give it a try and see what you come up with.

If you'd rather not, then do a reset by holding down the Volume - and the power button for 10 seconds.

sent from the fingers of a madman
BradenFontaine@gmail.com

gregba

Feb 23, 2010
Visit site
awesome thanks. $3 is worth a shot.

Is it different than just swiping away open apps from the multi-tasking function?

gregba

Feb 23, 2010
Visit site
very different. swiping tasks away does not close the app, only removes it from your recently used. this will kill any app. but only by your call. it will not automatically kill anything.

awesome- thanks!

i bought it and installed it. is there anything specific I am looking for, need to do?

Sorry if I sound ignorant. I am not very system savvy.

gregba

Feb 23, 2010
Visit site
so since I installed it I did the "monitoring enabling" and now the phone is running like it just came out of the box

does the app do something in the background to make it run better?

bradenfontaine

The Mad Man
Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
NOPE. not unless you killed a running app or task or service. it is possible it may have "woken up" the stock task handler, but thats just speculation.

jeffrok

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
I really wish Google explained the whole recently used apps screen better.. So many people think that's a list of open programs.. I really WISH it was, or at least give you the option to show only opened/cached programs, like WebOS did on the Palm Pre. They did it right, even though they're toast now.

cubetop

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Think I may have to try this app. My Maxx has been doing this lately. I did a factory reset and cleared the cache a few times. Usually 1-4 days later, it starts slowing down again. Apps take 3 seconds to kick in, etc. Never did this before ICS. (Thought I'm not blaming ICS nor am I disappointed with ICS.)

As usual, bradenfontaine comes in with the fix. Well done sir, well done!

bzxzlg

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
I started seeing weird behaviour on my MAXX and hadn't added anything since upgrading to ICS ... After monitoring and tracing a variety of things, In the end, I wiped last Thurs ... Not a big deal really ... One should always wipe from time to time ... And reboot as well ....

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12