new user/successful root

nogutsnoglory

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
I switched to the RAZR Maxx from a blackberry and have been reading this forum for a few months trying to get some tips.

I read a bunch of threads on rooting and just successfully rooted my first Android.

One of the main reasons for rooting was to disable the camera shutter sound. Now that that is done i have downloaded titanium backup, root explorer,adfree and wireless tether.

Thanks for all the help folks!

nogutsnoglory

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
That is next on my list, but before I do that I've got some reading to do.

Branden, many of the posts i read that convinced me to give it a go were from you, so thanks.

bradenfontaine

The Mad Man
Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
That is next on my list, but before I do that I've got some reading to do.

Branden, many of the posts i read that convinced me to give it a go were from you, so thanks.

That just made my day.

Tips,

don't worry about messing with your CPU, it just creates more headaches.

Make sure to use titanium Backup and link it with your dropbox/Google Drive account.

SD Maid Pro is very good at cleaning up space.

If you're interested in custom ROMs I can help point out some good ones I've used, and some ones that don't play well with our phones.

If you have any questions please do not hesitate to hit me up on Gmail, Talk, or any other platform.

sent from the fingers of a madman
BradenFontaine@gmail.com

apquijano

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
I don't know if its because of the. 215 update or if its available in stock, but there is an option in the camera app to turn off the shutter sound.

And good luck rooting! Coming from a crackflasher, make sure you read through custom ROM threads before you install! User feedback is important when you get to the level of "omg new rom, flash first, ask questions later."

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

nogutsnoglory

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
I don't know if its because of the. 215 update or if its available in stock, but there is an option in the camera app to turn off the shutter sound.

I tried that first but it did not work for the Maxx. The app suggested that a root was the only solution. It worked!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37