Wireless Tether

nogutsnoglory

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
After successfully rooting my phone, I downloaded wireless tether. For the life of me i cannot get it to work. I have googled third issue and searched the Android central forums, but can't find the answer. Can anyone help?

I have it set up for an open network. Wifi its turned on. I tried to enable tethering and mobile hotspot in the wifi settings. None of my devices even recognize the SSID.

I tried connecting an iPad and blackberry playbook. Nothing seems to work.

dragonsamus

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
I had the same issues on my rooted Maxx. I stopped using it and moved on to FoxFi. It works pretty good but its not without its own issues. For me, I have to turn on FoxFi and once its up and running turn it off immediately then turn it on. Once I do that it connects to all devices and I have no problems. If I just turn on FoxFi and leave it, it doesn't seem to want to connect.

Reactions: nogutsnoglory

nogutsnoglory

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the replies!

Anyone use the FoxFi add on that uses the proxy server to hide this from the carrier? Anyone have issues with their carriers when using this product?

nogutsnoglory

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the hack advice. Very easy. I assume that by hacking the hotspot app it bypasses the step of connecting to the carrier's server.

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
yeah, removes the hoop you'd otherwise bejumping thru.
I've been using it about 7 months. no issues and it always works. sweet!

chram893

May 2, 2012
Visit site
I also used the hack for the stock mobile hotspot app and it works successfully. It's basically changing a single digit in order to bypass verizon's block and tether freely! It's pretty darn neat and simple as it can get ;)

chram893

May 2, 2012
Visit site
Another question, has anyone who's attempted the stock tether app hack been able to use the usb tether option within the app? When I enable it, it starts, but it turns off automatically shortly after.

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
You could just try "easy tether" if you want a USB connection. I've not tried what your suggesting and never needed to. Sometimes if I need to tether and my battery is Lo I just connect via easy tether.
Hardly ever tho as the hacked up hot spot works better than anything. Plus seldom find my batt lo , it's a Maxx after all ;)

ciniob

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
This IMHO is the best fix for moto droids. The only downside is you have to buy SqLite but at only 4 bucks it offers a permanent fix.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084