RAZR Maxx HD - Whos jumping to it?!

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
That's flippin' sweet. I'll bet Apple will want to sue because of the metallic edges. But hey, there's no way that it could ever be mistaken for an iPhone because THE BATTERY LASTS UP TO 32 FREAKIN HOURS.

Unless I missed it, I'm curious as to why Motorola isn't saying how much capacity the battery is. The original Maxx is 3300 but I assume this has to be even bigger to allow the HD screen so much battery.

gmonkey88

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
I for one, am very happy with my current RAZR MAXX and can't see any reason for upgrading just yet. The RAZR series should receive Jelly Bean sometime soon, that'll help my itch for getting a new device. My upgrade is coming in May and I'm looking at 5"+ devices.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I still love my Maxx, and wouldn't upgrade any time soon either. But tech lust is always a reason to upgrade--not necessarily the best reason, but still a reason!

5" devices have nice looking screens, but I imagine they'd start to get too bulky to slip into the pants pocket. "Is that your phone, or are you just glad to see me with that big flat rectangular package?";)

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I for one, am very happy with my current RAZR MAXX and can't see any reason for upgrading just yet. The RAZR series should receive Jelly Bean sometime soon, that'll help my itch for getting a new device. My upgrade is coming in May and I'm looking at 5"+ devices.

Agreed. I've LOVED my Maxx experience, but I think i'll seriously look at the Note 2 if it's available on Verizon. Either way, I think I am ready to try a non Motorola device. I'll probably go with Samsung.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Agreed. I've LOVED my Maxx experience, but I think i'll seriously look at the Note 2 if it's available on Verizon. Either way, I think I am ready to try a non Motorola device. I'll probably go with Samsung.

I'd do it, but Motorola signal strength and battery life is unmatched by any other cellular manufacturer.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: Philip600rr

Jack33

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
Not too crazy about Maxx HD. If it had 5" screen, maybe. Besides, I just got my Maxx couple of months ago and I usually wait until my upgrade is available since new phones are coming out all the time and it's impossible to "keep up". Now if only they can come up with Maxx like phone (big screen, big battery) with Blackberry keyboards....

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Not too crazy about Maxx HD. If it had 5" screen, maybe. Besides, I just got my Maxx couple of months ago and I usually wait until my upgrade is available since new phones are coming out all the time and it's impossible to "keep up". Now if only they can come up with Maxx like phone (big screen, big battery) with Blackberry keyboards....

I said I wouldn't upgrade until I'm due but now that a new contract means the loss of unlimited data I don't worry about it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
full price is way to much for what I'd be getting. my maxx is still the best. and whenwe finally get LTE here, it'll be like having a new phone. maxx continues to trip my trigger on a daily basis. no HD for me.

Dreamliner330

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
AMOLED SUCKS!! AMOLED SUCKS!! AMOLED SUCKS!! AMOLED SUCKS!! AMOLED SUCKS!! AMOLED SUCKS!! AMOLED SUCKS!! AMOLED SUCKS!!

Motorola clearly is capable of better, as shown with the Atrix HD and it's gorgeous display.

I can see the AMOLED matrix from arms length. Unacceptable. Also, you'd think with the screen blotch issue, they'd cut ties with Samsung.

Also, the regular RAZR got a battery boost...I was seriously hoping for a 3500+ battery. Also, why come out with phone at speed as the other big guys...and ICS!?!?!

"Leapfrog" should be tossed around once and a while...

I've put up with substandard screens to have superior connectivity...getting annoyed now.

HTC IPS-LCD > *

The next Nexus device better not be made by Samsung...and it better not be AMOLED!

Last edited:

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
AMOLED SUCKS!! AMOLED SUCKS!! AMOLED SUCKS!! AMOLED SUCKS!! AMOLED SUCKS!! AMOLED SUCKS!! AMOLED SUCKS!! AMOLED SUCKS!!

Motorola clearly is capable of better, as shown with the Atrix HD and it's gorgeous display.

I can see the AMOLED matrix from arms length. Unacceptable. Also, you'd think with the screen blotch issue, they'd cut ties with Samsung.

Also, the regular RAZR got a battery boost...I was seriously hoping for a 3500+ battery. Also, why come out with phone at speed as the other big guys...and ICS!?!?!

"Leapfrog" should be tossed around once and a while...

I've put up with substandard screens to have superior connectivity...getting annoyed now.

HTC IPS-LCD > *

The next Nexus device better not be made by Samsung...and it better not be AMOLED!

Those splotches don't bother me at all on a phone nor do I notice them normally. If my Samsung LED television had those than we would have an issue.

Also, does anyone know who makes the OLED display on the PlayStation Vita? I assume Sony does as it's their device but it has the same splotches that the RAZR has.

d1c1ple

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
Gonna wait and see in person; but sitting on my T-BOLT and itching to jump to a new device. Device better ship w/ 4.1.1 if they are running it already in the hands on reviews