RAZR Maxx HD - Whos jumping to it?!

HES

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
If I get this off contract due to the unlimited data from a non Verizon place can I add insurance to it?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
Good question. Would folks like you and I have to buy it from some place like BB? As for the price, why do I get the feeling that the price will be $700

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
If I get this off contract due to the unlimited data from a non Verizon place can I add insurance to it?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

As long as it is purchased from Verizon or bought second hand and never activated by the first owner, yes you should be able to.

ryanr509

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
As long as it is purchased from Verizon or bought second hand and never activated by the first owner, yes you should be able to.

I've bought used phones from Craigslist and when I switched them onto my plan my insurance stayed on the plan. Never had a problem. Maybe if u didn't have insurance then all of a sudden bought a used phone wanted insurance and a week later it was broken they might suspect something

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Android Central Forums

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I've bought used phones from Craigslist and when I switched them onto my plan my insurance stayed on the plan. Never had a problem. Maybe if u didn't have insurance then all of a sudden bought a used phone wanted insurance and a week later it was broken they might suspect something

We're talking about if you try and add it to the new device, not if you already have it when you add that device.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

ryanr509

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
We're talking about if you try and add it to the new device, not if you already have it when you add that device.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

I've done both and haven't had a problem. I'm sure as long as u do it when u activate the new device there shouldn't be a problem and I've never had one

dragonsamus

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
Perfectly happy with my Maxx. Were I to replace it, the choice would be an easy one.

Sent from my Droid RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk2

If we didn't lose our unlimited plans or have to pay full price I would be all over it. My upgrade is in Feb... :-(

Dave_k605

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
A requirement of being a nexus is that the boot loader is unlock able.

Which is why it won't happen, moto nexus that is.

Moto has different visuals towards our community than sammy, that and the nexus isn't a hot or well selling device.

I seriously know one person with one, and can't remember the last time I seen one out in the wild.

What draw to having a nexus device is there for moto? None.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Which is why it won't happen, moto nexus that is.

Moto has different visuals towards our community than sammy, that and the nexus isn't a hot or well selling device.

I seriously know one person with one, and can't remember the last time I seen one out in the wild.

What draw to having a nexus device is there for moto? None.

But..

Motorola is now Google.

Plus the Nexus program would trump any existing "visuals to our community".

All of this is irrelevant though until Motorola is responsible for an actual Nexus-branded device.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

Rizz1-2

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
I will be buying the HD the day it comes out. I have been waiting for this device for a while. It is a bummer about not coming with Jelly Bean though. I didn't really expect it, but it was a want. It's just after having my grouper with JB I got a little spoiled.

Dave_k605

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
But..

Motorola is now Google.

Plus the Nexus program would trump any existing "visuals to our community".

All of this is irrelevant though until Motorola is responsible for an actual Nexus-branded device.

Google bought moto for its patents, day to day operations for moto are still moto, not Google......Motorola will never produce a nexus device, unless Google takes full control over moto, which is very unlikely!

There is no money in the nexus, Motorola has no desire for it or 3rd party devs, they only care about their robotic image and Verizon making them cash.

Prove me wrong. You can't, and to even slightly believe moto might do a nexus device is absurd.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Google bought moto for its patents, day to day operations for moto are still moto, not Google......Motorola will never produce a nexus device, unless Google takes full control over moto, which is very unlikely!

There is no money in the nexus, Motorola has no desire for it or 3rd party devs, they only care about their robotic image and Verizon making them cash.

Prove me wrong. You can't, and to even slightly believe moto might do a nexus device is absurd.

This. Correct me if I'm wrong, but hasn't it been conveyed that there's more or less a firewall between Moto and Google?

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

Motorola won't do the next Nexus device simply because they're owned by Google and Google probably doesn't want to see like they're playing favorites.

There's no money in the Nexus? Do you know if HTC received any incentives for the Nexus One? Or Samsung with the Nexus S or Galaxy Nexus? Or Asus with the Nexus 7?

That doesn't mean Motorola can't ever make a Nexus device for Google and they already have an existing relationship with Google when it comes to a lead device for a new version of Android. For all intents and purposes the WiFi Xoom was basically the Nexus for Honeycomb. And you could unlock the bootloader.

Again, if Motorola was allowed into the Nexus program, final say would come from Google so any attitudes toward the modding community would come from Google, not Motorola.

The Nexus brand is more than just a development platform now. Google appears to be shaping it into their definitive Google experience.

Prove me wrong. You can't, and to even slightly believe Motorola would never do a Nexus device is absurd.

Last edited:

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
This. Correct me if I'm wrong, but hasn't it been conveyed that there's more or less a firewall between Moto and Google?

There is.

And that means Motorola doesn't get any preferential treatment. Especially with regards to the Nexus program.

They'd have to apply like everyone else.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
There is.

And that means Motorola doesn't get any preferential treatment. Especially with regards to the Nexus program.

They'd have to apply like everyone else.

There is, but it's clear google has final say over motorolas decisions. Also, the firewall exists only between the android team and Motorola, not between Motorola and the rest of google.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site

Google already has full control over Moto. Or is Eric Schmidt being at motorolas first post-google press conference not enough proof for you? Or motorolas new CEO being a google exec? Or motorolas headquarters being consolidated with googles in the merchandise mart in Chicago?

Motorola will make a nexus. It is clear they are refocusing on providing devices for ALL consumers, tinkerers and modders included. To believe they won't, based on some asinine evidence from company leadership that no longer exists, is ridiculous.

Dave_k605

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
Motorola won't do the next Nexus device simply because they're owned by Google and Google probably doesn't want to see like they're playing favorites.

There's no money in the Nexus? Do you know if HTC received any incentives for the Nexus One? Or Samsung with the Nexus S or Galaxy Nexus? Or Asus with the Nexus 7?

That doesn't mean Motorola can't ever make a Nexus device for Google and they already have an existing relationship with Google when it comes to a lead device for a new version of Android. For all intents and purposes the WiFi Xoom was basically the Nexus for Honeycomb. And you could unlock the bootloader.

Again, if Motorola was allowed into the Nexus program, final say would come from Google so any attitudes toward the modding community would come from Google, not Motorola.

The Nexus brand is more than just a development platform now. Google appears to be shaping it into their definitive Google experience.

Prove me wrong. You can't, and to even slightly believe Motorola would never do a Nexus device is absurd.

The nexus line has never been around to make money, and it will never turn profit, it's androids guinea pig, it allows devs to further improve android base once they release codes. Motorola's bread and butter is far from our community.

And as far as proving you.....Motorola's actions speak volumes toward what they think of the modding community, please tell me why they would consider doing a nexus.

In the mean time stop defending something you know deep down will never happen, the sooner you come down from the clouds it will be easier on you.

Last edited:

Dave_k605

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
also, Verizon is moving towards having all handsets locked down, I'm almost positive their won't be another nexus device on Verizon, they like what they can control...this logic in itself proves moto will not dip into a dead market for them.

I'm now down with this circle of a convo, I'm not going to further argue about something that won't happen, it's pointless.

Good day, and good luck on your wishes.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
The nexus line has never been around to make money, and it will never turn profit, it's androids guinea pig, it allows devs to further improve android base once they release codes. Motorola's bed and butter is far from our community.

And as far as proving you.....Motorola's actions speak volumes toward what they think of the modding community, please tell me why they would consider doing a nexus.

In the mean time stop descending something you know deep down will never happen, the sooner you come down from the clouds it will be easier on you.

You can't say with 100% accuracy that Motorola will NEVER do a Nexus device.

If Google wants Motorola to make a Nexus device, Motorola will make a Nexus device.

While not technically a Nexus device, I've already proven you assumption to not be 100% accurate because of Motorola and Google's past relationship on the Wi-Fi XOOM.

Locking down other devices is irrelevant. They partnered with Google to launch Honeycomb on the XOOM. They did it Google's way.

Now that they're owned by Google, it just drives it further home that Google is going to have final say in Motorola's business decisions.

To say Motorola will never do a Nexus device is simply naive.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
also, Verizon is moving towards having all handsets locked down, I'm almost positive their won't be another nexus device on Verizon, they like what they can control...this logic in itself proves moto will not dip into a dead market for them.

I'm now down with this circle of a convo, I'm not going to further argue about something that won't happen, it's pointless.

Good day, and good luck on your wishes.

Last I checked, Motorola isn't owned by Verizon.

Last I checked, Motorola made devices for other carriers.

Last I checked, Motorola made unlocked devices you can compatible with other networks.

Sorry, try again.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams