RAZR Maxx HD - Whos jumping to it?!

ryanr509

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I'll probably end up with the MAXX HD, but I was playing with a 4S today and I sure wish Android was that smooth and the screen (same as the S3) was that clear...

I've heavily considered the 5, but the lack of simultaneous data/voice & potential battery life issues are concerning.

When I had the iPhone 4s battery life was great. I'm thinking mainly because of the small screen. I would get around 4 hours of screen on time on 3g all day. Where recent android devices I've used (razr,note,gs2) were all at 2.5-3 hour screen on time. The iPhone won't compare to the maxx though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Android Central Forums

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
When I had the iPhone 4s battery life was great. I'm thinking mainly because of the small screen. I would get around 4 hours of screen on time on 3g all day. Where recent android devices I've used (razr,note,gs2) were all at 2.5-3 hour screen on time. The iPhone won't compare to the maxx though.

A bigger screen with 4G will not last long. Apple is claiming 8 hours of battery for talk time while on 3G but you wont see that much and definitely won't be that close on 4G. Apple also claims 8 hours of web surfing in both 4G and 3G which everyone here knows is a lie.

Unless I read that wrong than Apple fanboys are so gullible because they have no idea how much of a battery hog 4G is. There is nothing wrong with the iPhone in general, but I could not live with a small battery ever again.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

ryanr509

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
A bigger screen with 4G will not last long. Apple is claiming 8 hours of battery for talk time while on 3G but you wont see that much and definitely won't be that close on 4G. Apple also claims 8 hours of web surfing in both 4G and 3G which everyone here knows is a lie.

Unless I read that wrong than Apple fanboys are so gullible because they have no idea how much of a battery hog 4G is. There is nothing wrong with the iPhone in general, but I could not live with a small battery ever again.

I saw somewhere I think engadget that on their video loop test the iPhone 5 got only 10 less minutes than the razr maxx.

ryanr509

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site

http://m.engadget.com/2012/09/18/apple-iphone-5-review/

And for the iPhone having such a small battery I was getting much better battery life than any android device I've had. IPhone I'd get 12-14hour with 3.5-4 screen on time. My most recent 3 maybe 4 android I was/am getting 7-9hours with 2.25-2.75 screen on time. Also with cases like the mophie its nice having a case/1500-2000mah battery in one. And I've only seen the power skin brand like this for androida and there is a select few that they make it for.

rbess1965

May 24, 2011
Visit site
From what i was told by my Verizon friend, since the share everything plan. Once you upgrade your phone again, the unlimited data is long gone.He said the only way to keep it is to buy the phone out right or used and transfer it over.

I think I'll be happy with my current Maxx for as long as I have it then. I will do what it takes to keep the unlimited.

Message brought to you by the amazing Droid Razr Maxx

Dreamliner330

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
I saw somewhere I think engadget that on their video loop test the iPhone 5 got only 10 less minutes than the razr maxx.

Interesting. I bet the new MAXX HD will have a larger gap in battery life, but I bet real world will be about the same...iOS is simply more power efficient. I really have to weigh the simultaneous voice/data thing. I'd honestly take the 4" IPS-LCD over the 4.7" AMOLED the MAXX HD is getting. AMOLED is so terrible, manufacturers need to stop using it..

ryanr509

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Interesting. I bet the new MAXX HD will have a lerger gap in battery life, but I bet real world will be about the same...iOS is simply more efficient. I really have to weigh the simultaneous voice/data thing. I'd honestly take the 4" IPS-LCD over the 4.7" AMOLED the MAXX HD is getting. AMOLED is so terrible, manufacturers need to stop using it..

If apple has one good thing there screens are gorgeous that's for sure

Dreamliner330

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
The HTC One X/EVO LTE screen is great & the Motorola Atrix HD screen is phenomenal. When I saw the Atrix HD I thought Moto finally saw the light...then I read the specs of the new AMORAZRs... :(

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Just had my launch-day Nexus swapped for a Razr Maxx. The Nexus simply would not hold a 4G signal and in order for me to use data, I had to keep the settings on CDMA only.

I can honestly say that in my experience, the Nexus was a total failure and I should have bought the Razr as I had planned initially. However, verizon made me a happy customer by not only offering me a Maxx or SGS3, but when I received the Maxx, I didn't have an sd card to swap from the nexus. One phone call and the rep contacted my local store and had a 32gb card held for me ($0).

So, the newness of the Maxx is still with me and I have no desire to get a new device....yet. but when I do, it'll be full retail as I wont give up unlimited data.

Dave_k605

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
Ry.....

How's that moto nexus device coming along? Finally understanding it was just a pipedream yet.

Maybe next year.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Ry.....

How's that moto nexus device coming along? Finally understanding it was just a pipedream yet.

Maybe next year.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

The RAZR HD is as Nexus as it gets without being a true Nexus. Very Vanilla like with minimal Blur. The difference is we have a gigantic battery and tank like build quality unlike the true Nexus devices.

Oh, and lol at LG, one of the worst phone manufacturers, making a Nexus 4. Can you say signal issues? I know I can.
Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD using Tapatalk 2

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Well the HD has been out for a while now. For those who went from the Maxx to the Maxx HD was it worth it for what you got? I have a Maxx and went in to check out the HD and liked what I saw but not enough to cough up $700. If my Maxx was destroyed then ok, HD for the replacement , but otherwise I'm good with the Maxx as it is. The rest who made the jump still think it worth it?

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Well the HD has been out for a while now. For those who went from the Maxx to the Maxx HD was it worth it for what you got? I have a Maxx and went in to check out the HD and liked what I saw but not enough to cough up $700. If my Maxx was destroyed then ok, HD for the replacement , but otherwise I'm good with the Maxx as it is. The rest who made the jump still think it worth it?

Yes, I have no regrets. Better build and battery life plus an HD screen is a winner for me

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD using Tapatalk 2

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Question was in regards to value, would you drop $700 for the difference between the two.

Yes, and I did do that. Granted, I sold my RAZR Maxx for $200 to Gazelle since I don't like dealing with Craigslist or eBay. But yes, it was well worth the $700 after tax that this beautiful device cost me.

rbess1965

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Well boys & girls, something happened this weekend that caused me to go get a new phone and as you can see from the signature I'm now sporting a Maxx HD. With some creative upgrade options, I was able to keep my Unlimited plan on my line. My stepson, who lost his phone over the weekend got my Maxx but he lost his unlimited data. We upgraded this on his line which changed his account then reactivated it on my line therefore not changing my line. One word, Awesome.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Android Central Forums

ryanidcomm

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Not enough improvement. Would like to see more ram and a better camera.. Still team moto here just waiting for the next RAZR...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

Bob61

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
Not enough improvement. Would like to see more ram and a better camera.. Still team moto here just waiting for the next RAZR...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

That was my feeling after looking at the Maxx HD, just didn't see it was $350 of an improvement (net cost after selling my Maxx). The larger screen offset by buttons now on the screen (as was my nexus), so side by side I didn't see much more to having the larger screen. Should have 2gb memory, and camera is back to being the joke I left nexus for to begin with, one of the reasons anyway. Nice device and would love one, just not for $350 out of my pocket. :what:

Ibraheem_h

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
I would like to get the Maxx HD, but I have two problems that prevent me from getting it.
First, it is expensive, but i could get it after few months
Second, the device is not available in my country, not unlocked nor with contract. So if i want to get it from Motorola website, I'll have to pay $650+ for the international version plus $30-$50 shipping it from US to Saudi Arabia...

Sent from my GT-I9100