Rant from the workout floor

droidntn

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
I'm posting this while sweating, sitting in silence on an exercise ball.
This is my one single gripe about Androids... This Durn headset plug issue. Same thing with my X.
ONE LITTLE WIGGLE AND IT SHUTS DOWN THE SOUND.!!
It's great sitting on a treadmill panel. But you put it in a pocket and move that headset plug and zzzzzip.... She's gone. Not reboot just sound goes off. As I said same thing with my X. Different headsets get same thing.
yes I realize that can be solved with a wireless headset. But for Petes sake you can get a 1970 fm radio to work for this and I can't MOVE an inch with a state of the art cellphone in 2012???
Cmon Motorola...
As in White Chics..
I'M GOING TO WRITE A LETTER!
:mad:

Sent from Marx Maxx

Last edited:

woody nh

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
I use my razr maxx with standard apple headphones at the gym with the phone in my pocket. Sometimes with the phone jack facing up and sometimes down. Never had a problem. Of course my Pandora mix may be milder than yours. :cool:

NinerJet9

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
It happens from time to time when i use nobex radio. I hit pause and then play and the sound comes back. Definitely irritating.

Kungpaoruvvin

May 28, 2012
Visit site
This is a common issue. It hasn't been talked about in awhile, but if you searched, you would have found.
Now, on to the trouble shooting. Take a paper clip or tooth pick and just stick it into the headphones jack. Pick at it and it's most likely a piece of lint stuck. It's blocking things from connecting. I have had this problem myself. It's not your headphones (test on other devices to make sure). In my case, it wasn't my Square Credit Card Reader, which also uses the headphones jack. Picking at it solved the problem for me. Once in a while, you just have to clean out the jack. Motorola themselves have said it's a design flaw, which they should have fixed in the different generations.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

droidntn

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
Couldn't bring myself to stick something in the headset hole but I did blow down in it a few times and turn it upside down and sorta shake it.
Worked flawlessly this am in my pocket. Didn't cut off one time.
Many thanks!

Sent from Marx Maxx

Cigar-Junkie

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Go Bluetooth, I have placed my phone at the front desk and completed my workout only to realize that I forgot my phone when the connection dropped on the way to the car. There are no cords to get hung either.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Go Bluetooth, I have placed my phone at the front desk and completed my workout only to realize that I forgot my phone when the connection dropped on the way to the car. There are no cords to get hung either.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

What do you use? I use Jaybird Freedom Bluetooth headphones and absolutely love them.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2