Swype question

evoldroid

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
I just switched roms about a day ago and went with the Arctic HD.But I'm missing my original droid razr Swype is there a way I can install the original Swype back on my phone? I have the Swype beta but I liked the original for the arrows on the top of the keyboard.

chram893

May 2, 2012
Visit site
I'm sure there's an option somewhere in the Swype beta settings to enable and show the arrow keys. Have you been able to find that option?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

kkapoorr

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, just switch to the numeric keyboard like this: uploadfromtaptalk1348114599854.jpg

Then long press on the ABC Key beside the Swype settings key:uploadfromtaptalk1348114614090.jpg

and you'll get to the edit menu:uploadfromtaptalk1348114628881.jpg
Here you have all the Arrow Keys, Copy, Paste, text selection, etc

Author Of NoobTech
http://wp.me/2uu9r

sfrrr

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
What if you want the arrow keys to be on the main keyboard all the time, not just when you go through a routine of several taps on utility keys? When I used Swiftkey,.I set it up so that the arrows were always on the main keyboard. I'd like.to do the same thing with Swype. Is that possible?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums

kkapoorr

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
What if you want the arrow keys to be on the main keyboard all the time, not just when you go through a routine of several taps on utility keys? When I used Swiftkey,.I set it up so that the arrows were always on the main keyboard. I'd like.to do the same thing with Swype. Is that possible?

Hmmm...dunno.
Try mailing the dev.

I personally find them in the right place..

Author Of NoobTech
http://wp.me/2uu9r

sheldon101

Sep 25, 2012
Visit site
Assuming same on Nexus 7 ( which it should be) the recommended answer is to slide your finger from the swype symbol over the 123 symbol to the right.

sfrrr

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
if they're on that main keyboard screen, I use the cursor keys many, many times a day. It saves me from having to lift my dinner off the keyboards, tap on the text and reposition the cursor one of two characters to the left or right. If I have to hit or Swype a few extra keystrokes, it interrupts the flow.

Ah, the woes of a touch typist in a swiping world.

durango992007

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
I just downloaded touch pal keyboard for use of Swype only because I to was missing Swype from arctic HD. It does not have the arrows at the top but you can get to them.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

jchancey14

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Hi... I wanted to do the same thing and here it is... Hope it works for you...
1. From home screen..go to home screen settings and pick 'manage apps'
2. Go all the way to the bottom and you will probably see where the stock swype has been disabled.
3. Tap enable
4. Next go to settings app and select language and input.
5. Tap android keyboard settings
6. go to advanced settings
7. Tap the ' select other input methods' so there is a check mark.
8. Now go to texting or other app to get to input screen.
9. The keyboard will have a strange symbol next to the Swype key..tap that and will/should see the stock swype keyboard.
Yay!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome