Activesync delayed delivery

stevealb

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone noticed a marked delay in Activesync lately? I have an exchange account on my Razr Maxx, along with one POP and one IMAP account (POP & IMAP work just fine). I'm using the stock email client for the exchange account and it's set to Push. There are no problems at the office and my blackberry (which I try not to use too much) still gets instantaneous delivery.

I notice that the stock email client will sometimes not update my exchange account for up to an hour, and then deliver many emails at one time. Many of those emails are almost an hour old, but just being delivered. This has just started happening about 2 weeks ago. I deleted and re-installed the exchange account. I'm running ICS, and it was working just fine with ICS until 2 weeks ago. I did a clean install with ICS, deleted the cache, etc.

Any suggestions? Thanks

Praggles

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
No problems with my companies active sync...no noticeable delays...out or in...phone usually picks up email right before desktop....servers are in data center in Buffalo...office is in a southern State surrounded on 3 sides by water below GA. (anyway its a long way away)....

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

stevealb

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I called Verizon and spoke with Tech Suport. They told me that the stock email client doesn't do Push so well, and they recommended Touchdown. $300 for a phone and the email doesn't do Push well?

I'm not surprised, just disappointed. Does setting the stick email client to check email every 5 minutes use more battery than Push?

bstrac77

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
I know this is an old thread, but I'm have trouble finding anything on this issue. I don't really want to use Touchdown. Did you ever sort this issue out?