LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I sold my amazing Maxx today, and I wanted to tell all my Maxx buddies farewell. It was a difficult choice but I am getting an S3 to go with my Note 10.1. I'll certainly still be seen lurking in these parts and I wish you all the best.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums

droidntn

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
I hate Dear John letters......
Enjoy that SIII, if it'd had Maxx's battery, I'd have gotten one as well dood.

jeffrok

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
Good luck with the S3.. My fiance seems to like hers, but not love it- however she is not as techie as I am, so anything that ever goes wrong with it, instead of trying to figure it out, she just complains :D. She also complains that the battery life is bad.. However, she has all kinds of background tasks running, and likes to use Spotify and Yahoo Messenger all the time on it (hmm, go figure!). Her screen is far superior to mine, but I prefer the cleaner GUI of the Maxx ICS.

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I got the Maxx cause I had to have the battery. Then I switched jobs and now have access to a charger at my desk all day long. So now it's more about functionality and integration with my Note 10.1. I hated to see the Maxx go.

droidntn

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
I got the Maxx cause I had to have the battery. Then I switched jobs and now have access to a charger at my desk all day long. So now it's more about functionality and integration with my Note 10.1. I hated to see the Maxx go.

Expand, if you may, on this 'integration' with the Note and SIII. How does having a Samsung phone benefit your having a Samsung Note 10.1?

Sent from Marx Maxx

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
The BIGGEST reason I wanted a Samsung Device with the Note 10.1, is because I am still learning touchwiz. The Note is only a wi-fi device, so I do not navigate through it like I would with a phone that can access internet anywhere. So for me, I want to learn touchwiz so that I am faster at pulling things up on my Note. They have the same feel and a lot of the same samsung services like Music Hub, Media Hub, and S Suggest. So I guess it's not so much "integration" as it is familiarity that I am seeking. Kind of my plan, is to buy the S3 at Best Buy and then possibly trade it for a Note 2 when that is released, and the Note 2 has the same S Note, S Planner, etc.... as the 10.1. Also, ever since I got the 10.1 I just love the feel of touchwiz and samsung devices. I loved the Maxx but it will be nice to have a tablet running the same skin as my phone. I even considered getting the Xoom so that it would resemble the interface of the Maxx, but I really liked the idea of the S Pen on the Note.

rbess1965

May 24, 2011
Visit site
The BIGGEST reason I wanted a Samsung Device with the Note 10.1, is because I am still learning touchwiz. The Note is only a wi-fi device, so I do not navigate through it like I would with a phone that can access internet anywhere. So for me, I want to learn touchwiz so that I am faster at pulling things up on my Note. They have the same feel and a lot of the same samsung services like Music Hub, Media Hub, and S Suggest. So I guess it's not so much "integration" as it is familiarity that I am seeking. Kind of my plan, is to buy the S3 at Best Buy and then possibly trade it for a Note 2 when that is released, and the Note 2 has the same S Note, S Planner, etc.... as the 10.1. Also, ever since I got the 10.1 I just love the feel of touchwiz and samsung devices. I loved the Maxx but it will be nice to have a tablet running the same skin as my phone. I even considered getting the Xoom so that it would resemble the interface of the Maxx, but I really liked the idea of the S Pen on the Note.

How much did you get for the Maxx:cool:

Message brought to you by the amazing Droid Razr Maxx

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Sorry for saying this, but that's a really odd excuse to buy an S3

Wait, WHAT!?!? You mean you didn't receive a spiritual confirmation that you too need to follow in my footsteps!?!?!? Total mind blower!! I guess it's a darn good thing that you aren't the one doing it! :). I have never owned Samsung products before my Note 10.1, and now that i've had it I am dying to see how their phones function. I think having that familiarity between the two will be really cool and I can have them both set up almost identically, but serving slightly different purposes. If I decide to switch the S3 for the Note 2, I will be able to have my notes automatically transfer from one device to the other. I also will have access to my S Planner on either device, at any time. And if I don't go with the Note and I keep the S3, I still have a great phone that operates identically to the tab. So again, it's not an "excuse" it's my reason and no one else has to agree with it or receive a life changing spiritual impression as to whether it's something you also need to do.

And I let the Maxx go for $350.00 to answer rbess' question.

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I say rock on dood if your happy with it!

Thanks. I still think the S3 and the Maxx are the two best phones available. I just have phone A.D.D and I am ready to try something new. I've had the Bionic and Maxx for a year, and they both are so similar that I really want a wider taste of what Android has to offer. My Note 10.1 is giving me that taste, but I use it so much for school and business that I never seem to have much time to simply play. And if I do, I am not in wi-fi range..

rbess1965

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Wait, WHAT!?!? You mean you didn't receive a spiritual confirmation that you too need to follow in my footsteps!?!?!? Total mind blower!! I guess it's a darn good thing that you aren't the one doing it! :). I have never owned Samsung products before my Note 10.1, and now that i've had it I am dying to see how their phones function. I think having that familiarity between the two will be really cool and I can have them both set up almost identically, but serving slightly different purposes. If I decide to switch the S3 for the Note 2, I will be able to have my notes automatically transfer from one device to the other. I also will have access to my S Planner on either device, at any time. And if I don't go with the Note and I keep the S3, I still have a great phone that operates identically to the tab. So again, it's not an "excuse" it's my reason and no one else has to agree with it or receive a life changing spiritual impression as to whether it's something you also need to do.

And I let the Maxx go for $350.00 to answer rbess' question.

Thanks you. Was just wondering what I might could get if I were to figure out a way to get a Maxx HD without losing my unlimited data:cool:

Message brought to you by the amazing Droid Razr Maxx

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I probably could have gotten more, but I had a deal on the table for the S3 at 350.00 so when someone offered me that, I jumped. In my area (Northern Utah) i might have been able to get about 400. But with the HD coming out, it'll drive that down.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums