Google Voice

bradenfontaine

The Mad Man
Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
call the wife, but mainly for text and quick email responses. but i drive a convertible, so between my manly voice trying to break through my manly beard, and the wind wiping through my manly face blanket, it doesn't always work for me.

droidntn

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
call the wife, but mainly for text and quick email responses. but i drive a convertible, so between my manly voice trying to break through my manly beard, and the wind wiping through my manly face blanket, it doesn't always work for me.

Dood I gotta call you... I gotta hear what a manly face blanket sounds like. Hahahaha

Sent from Marx Maxx

bradenfontaine

The Mad Man
Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
---------- Post Merged at 09:13 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 09:08 AM ----------

sorry didnt mean to stray from the OP, but yes, i use google voice quite a lot and when it can tell what im saying it is awesome, screw Siri

Last edited:

Praggles

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
I compose texts and e mails (roughly) all the time....I will then clean them up with keyboard. I am very pleased with general accuracy.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

MrHost

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Do you guys realize that Google voice is the voice mail app right?

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Android Central Forums

anon(368121)

Jun 19, 2011
Visit site
Really? What do you call the little mike on the keyboards then?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

That's Android Voice Actions.

Google Voice is a VoIP service that effectively allows you to aggregate all of your telephone numbers under a single number that never changes, so if you move or change home/cell provider without porting your old numbers, you can simply update GV with your new number(s).

When someone calls your GV number, all configured phones ring simultaneously. Answer on one of those phones, you're now connected to the caller and the rest stop ringing.

GV also includes a great voice mail service that provides speech to text conversion and will email you the text.

I used it heavily for a number of years as a consultant that spent a lot of time traveling. I could add a desk phone at a customer location to the GV ring list and receive calls even when I had crappy cell coverage. It also allowed me to effectively dial out even when non-8xx outbound calls were restricted; dial the call through the GV web UI and it would first ring my desk phone, then when I picked up it would connect me to the number I dialed.

At the moment GV is free for domestic use. Overseas calls made through it are not free, but very cheap.

Niko68

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Google Android is today one of the most widespread mobile operating systems among users. It can be found on cell phones and tablet PC devices, too. These mobile devices are used not only for the traditional telephoning purposes nowadays but all are capable of Internet connection and some of them also have mobile Internet subscription.

Android mobile devices have support for the Adobe Air environment that can be used for building VoIP client applications with Ozeki VoIP SIP SDK. These solutions can be made as easily as any other desktop applications, you only need to use a slightly different programming environment and tools.
With Ozeki VoIP SIP SDK and Adobe Flash Builder you can create your own Android application with standard programming techniques. You can upload these applications onto your smart phone or tablet and use them for communication.

I have found really useful Android VoIP Client Solutions. Here is a little help that was necessary for my project as well:
When creating a mobile application, you need to use the File->New->Flex Mobile Project option and set the project name, the target platform (Android, iPhone or BlackBerry)
The following program code shows how you can handle the physical buttons of a mobile device. These instructions should be placed in the creationComplete handler of the application.
1. if(Capabilities.cpuArchitecture=="ARM")
2. {
3. NativeApplication.nativeApplication.addEventListener(Event.ACTIVATE, handleActivate, false, 0, true);
4. NativeApplication.nativeApplication.addEventListener(Event.DEACTIVATE, handleDeactivate, false, 0, true);
5. NativeApplication.nativeApplication.addEventListener(KeyboardEvent.KEY_DOWN, handleKeys, false, 0, true);
6. }

If you require more help for your project then you may visit Ozeki C# VoIP SDK - A SIP SDK for software developers.

Regards,
Niko

droidntn

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
I stand corrected. I use Android Voice Actions :p
As the original poster, I am at fault.
I didn't subject it right.
I actually meant something along the lines of 'what do you command your phone to do?'.
Google Voice, although I don't use it, is a whole nother thing.
Sollly....

droidntn

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
GOOGLE VOICE explained HERE
Google Voice gives you one number for all your phones -- a phone number that is tied to you, not to a device or a location. Use Google Voice to simplify the way you use phones, make using voicemail as easy as email, customize your callers' experience, and more.

Google Voice isn't a phone service, but it lets you manage all of your phones. Google Voice works with mobile phones, desk phones, work phones, and VoIP lines. There's nothing to download, upload, or install, and you don't have to make or take calls using a computer.

Google Voice will let you define which phones ring, based on who's calling, and even let you ListenInTM on voicemail before answering the call. We use smart technology to route your calls. So, if you're already on a Google Voice call, we'll recognize it and use call waiting to reach you on the phone you're on.​

GOOGLE VOICE ACTIONS explained HERE
Control your Android phone just by speaking using Voice Actions.​

Praggles

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
On every smartphone from my original RAZR to Moto Q to Ozone to Trophy...till this RAZR I have used voice actions to call favorites. I don't use it on this phone because of the Moto favorites widget...it is two taps to call my favorite using the widget alternately it requires two quick taps on home icon to be use voice action...then I still have to say what I want.

Just an observation the extra step kills it for me. Also on WP7 Trophy..it was one tap then you instantly got the nice lady asking "say a command"...on RAZR I usually have to wait a few secs or so to speak while the program loads.

I spoke to other phones way more than I do this one.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
Your thinking of motorola voice actions double tapping home.

Google would be holding the search button down

Sent from my RAZR MAXXIMUS ;)

SirGeorgeKillian

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
I do use Google voice for voice mail. I can check my voice mail from my tablet or pc with my cell nowhere near. Or if I have no cell phone service, my phone or tablet can get the voice mail over wifi. Cool feature.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol