Hey MOTO! Where's our dang patch or Jellybean

df79transam

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
I totally agree with you about getting a update that causes more issues than it fixes . supposedly verizon takes so long to roll out a update because its so heavily tested for bugs . well I say BS . futhermore I dont understand people defending verizon and moto . I WAS a long time moto supporter but not anymore . i did the full reset and wiped the cache it made no difference . a patch is needed and its been more than enough time for it to have came out . if people always accept mediocre thats what they'll always get .

Thumbs up. I agree. Im not much in favor of moto phones ive owned two because they have or seem to have better radios than most on the market but i agree, they need to pull their fingers out of their butts and fix the mess they made.

I wish i had the money to get out of my contract but i don't, hell i took a loan out from my bank to buy this maxx with a two year contract, i feel like vzw has got me by the balls. Im more a stock feeling guy myself so im not into the custom roms but i may not have a choice because the future seems bleak on the maxx.

Praggles

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
After getting 2 full days on one charge I can honestly say there is no other phone I would imagine owning...I have been having no trouble for months since installing the last leak.

Love the phone.

Too bad this is a complaints forum...the phone and moto deserve more props.

Sent from my e Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

df79transam

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
The people with issues are going to be louder than those without.

Will.... No crap, you buy a brand new car, you expect it to start every time you leave for work but let's say it don't, you have to jump it every time you go somewhere, that sh!t gets pretty damn old after a while, so you cant tell me you wouldn't piss and moan some, email the car maker, go to the dealership, because before you bought this car, you expected it to work correctly.

anon(18763)

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
I have done the resets and cache clearing twice. Doesn't seem to fix the lag for long for me. I cant believe there are people that haven't experienced any of the bugs or sluggishness that came with the ics upgrade.

It got so frustrating for me at least that I finally broke down and bought a galaxy nexus. The phone has no lag, only downside is even with extended battery it doesn't hold a candle to the maxx. And although the radios have gotten better with jellybean they aren't as good as Motorola 's. I thought because of that I would have gone back to the maxx but the nexus works so well I haven't.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
The Nexus is awesome. I'd recommend any day over the Maxx. The only thing that the Maxx has over the Nexus is battery life. By the way, I own both phones and have used both phones.

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
I like to be able to use my phone, not let it sit through out the day with 50 percent or more time without signal. Ridiculous amounts of data drops no thanks. And I owned one also. And I will never recommend it.

Sent from my RAZR MAXXIMUS ;)

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I like to be able to use my phone, not let it sit through out the day with 50 percent or more time without signal. Ridiculous amounts of data drops no thanks. And I owned one also. And I will never recommend it.

In my experience, I have had no issues with data drops, or no signal. But, one thing that is clear with the Maxx is that Motorola never fixed the problem with the switch between 4G LTE and 3G. Like the Bionic, that thing constantly drops calls when it feels the need to switch.

As a truck driver, I have the opportunity to use my phones in a variety of places and locations. The switch problem is consistent everywhere I travel.

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
Well I'm sorry to hear that. Maybe you should get a replacement? Ics fixed all data drops for me every where I go, and even before then it only happened at most once a week. On my nexus like i said it spent half the day with 50 percent or more no signal.
And I never got 4g in places I have ever bars now..

Praggles

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
I have not had issue with dropped calls either. I am not a trucker (but my grandpa was) but I travel by car around State monthly. Perhaps your device has something wrong with it?

I ride an elevator into a basement garage every work day. I am always on the phone when this happens
IPhone...Trophy...dropped the calls...RAZR powers thru so it has won my loyalty for radio performance.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

Helloneumann

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
One thing is, I can't understand how we all have the same hardware and software and there's such a big difference in user experience. I for one have not had many problems since ICS. I don't agree that we should expect perfect. If that we're true then I would have to return my PC constantly since it is always updating, freezing, crashing. I went to Mac, similar to the PC, except for the updating, so back that goes. My iPad sometimes has apps that won't load (CNN) or FC, sometimes it won't turn on. If I complained to the manufacturer everytime something happened I would be on the phone all day. BTW when apple updated to os6 there were and still are many problems. The point is, with technology you will never have perfection, there are to many variables such as apps you use, area for signal strenghth, corrupt update, etc. I really enjoy technology and have learned that there is some give and take when it comes to user experience. I do understand that there are varying degrees of expectation and I hope those that have intolerable problems get those resolved so they can enjoy their phones.

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
After getting 2 full days on one charge I can honestly say there is no other phone I would imagine owning...I have been having no trouble for months since installing the last leak.

Love the phone.

Same here - installed the last leak about a month ago then cleared the cache a few days later. Thing's been great ever since!

anon(18763)

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
I don't expect perfection. However I do expect it to be fairly reliable when I need to use it. I stopped experiencing data drops after ics for the most part but the sluggishness is killing me.

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
I don't expect perfection. However I do expect it to be fairly reliable when I need to use it. I stopped experiencing data drops after ics for the most part but the sluggishness is killing me.

Did you try a factory reset or cache clear?

df79transam

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
Yes, I twice each. It seems to help for a bit then starts going downhill

I done the exact same thing as you done, still the few annoying bugs in still had. Short battery life, galaxy nexus like signal, and screen switches from portrait to landscape and back.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc