Hey MOTO! Where's our dang patch or Jellybean

df79transam

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
Dear Moto,

I want to know when in the heck you plan on releasing a patch for the maxx, i want to have a great phone again, like an actually great cell signal, and my phone not freezing up and rebooting itself throughout the day. Ics is a great os but please make it work correctly.

P. S. Oh and moto, Jelly bean wouldn't be bad either if you decided to release that to us maxx owners.

Thank You,
Faithful Razr Maxx Owner,

df79transam

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
I wish we was Braden, i love my maxx and ics is a more mature os than gingerbread but i wish they would fix the bugs in it, or better yet release jellybean. But you gotta go with the flow i guess.

maxman1

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
It'll come...maybe a patch, maybe JB, maybe both. Last thing we need is either before fully tweaked & vetted.

Sent from my Droid RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk2

bradenfontaine

The Mad Man
Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
If youd like to beta test some of the jelly bean ROMs over at WWW.droidrzr.com they have some out. I'm on Jelly Bean as we speak. But it has its bugs. Hence I said beta ;)

ru6u7ady.jpg

6u2uvu6e.jpg

Sent from my DROID SPYDER using Tapatalk 2

FastMoneyPlaya

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I just got a new MAXX with ICS last week and have had no problems. A guy in my office has owned his for a few months and just did the ICS OTA, and says he has some problems. He called Verizon and they told him to do a factory reset and ICS will run better if he starts from scratch. Not sure if that will help, but thats what Verizon is saying...

droidntn

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
I just got a new MAXX with ICS last week and have had no problems. A guy in my office has owned his for a few months and just did the ICS OTA, and says he has some problems. He called Verizon and they told him to do a factory reset and ICS will run better if he starts from scratch. Not sure if that will help, but thats what Verizon is saying...
Factory reset fixed mine. Great phone. I do look forward to JB though. :)

nvoll84

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site

I got a Razr under warranty to replace my Thunderbolt. It shipped to me with ICS pre installed. It started acting buggy a few days in. I FINALLY broke down and did a factory reset the other day. It's like a totally different phone. No more sluggishness. Much improved battery life. Do a reset and wipe the cache partition. It is worth it.

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
Oh look, it's this thread again. There is nothing wrong with ics. If people Just did the dang factory reset and stopped making excuses as to why they won't their phone would work fine. Instead they just complain about it

Sent from my RAZR MAXXIMUS ;)

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Dear Moto,

I don't care if you put out an update full if bugs. I just want Jelly Bean for the sake of having Jelly Bean.

Sincerely,
Obsessed with Updates

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

bradenfontaine

The Mad Man
Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
Dear Moto,

I don't care if you put out an update full if bugs. I just want Jelly Bean for the sake of having Jelly Bean.

Sincerely,
Obsessed with Updates

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

Just go flash one of the many JB roms man...

Sent from the fingers of a madman

ChuckG73

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
By no means do I feel we are entitled to a thing, however the amount of time they spend testing software updates you would think they would know how to release software with minimal bugs. Do not get me wrong I understand how testing works. If Verizon would get out of the way and leave hardware companies like Motorola own the responsibility for software releases we would get further faster. Verizon wireless needs to focus on what they are good at and that is providing a rock solid network and get out of the equation. Everybody would win.

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
Naw it will be before that. Early next year I'm thinking. If the razr hd launches with jb then we will get it shortly after it launches, if it launches with ics then we will all likely get it at the same time.

chevyman29

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Oh look, it's this thread again. There is nothing wrong with ics. If people Just did the dang factory reset and stopped making excuses as to why they won't their phone would work fine. Instead they just complain about it

dont be so quick to say that a reset will fix everything i did the full reset TWICE on my maxx and still ended up with issues that i didnt have prior to ICS . in fact the whole thing kinda soured me on moto . if i ever go back to another moto device i seriously doubt i will do a software update on it if its working good at the time .

df79transam

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
dont be so quick to say that a reset will fix everything i did the full reset TWICE on my maxx and still ended up with issues that i didnt have prior to ICS . in fact the whole thing kinda soured me on moto . if i ever go back to another moto device i seriously doubt i will do a software update on it if its working good at the time .

I did to, and im still having problems, now my dang phone is swapping between landscape and portrait while im holding it in portrait and never moving it. Im getting pretty tired of the bugs.

anon(883913)

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Hopefully Jelly Bean hits around the beginning of the year. I know that the Sanjay dude from the old Motorola who is now head of development for the Moto department at Google put on his Google+ a link to an estimated update sheet and it didn't say anything about the original Droid Razr or even the Maxx but it did however state that the Razr HD lineup should definitely have JB before the new year so hopefully once the new customers get updated Moto and Google turn their attention towards the poor users the old motorola left behind!

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site

Yeah whatever. If you don't like moto then have fun with all the other brands that are way worse.

chevyman29

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Yeah whatever. If you don't like moto then have fun with all the other brands that are way worse.

yeah whatever I've been doing just that since i got my S3 . i would never have believed a samsung device could ever take the place of motorola for my use but this has been by far and away the best phone ive ever had .