Certified Like New my rear...

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Well I guess you could just keep getting replacements. There's nothing in your contract that says how many you can have. Maybe you can get them to give you a credit on your bill for the trouble.

I must have had luck with my phones or something because all my replacements have always worked better.

Tech support told me they will send til they get it right. Lol
Sent from my RAZR MAXXIMUS ;)

I usually don't suffer from these issues much but these have been a disaster.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I would like to comment further on the option of using insurance. My friend dropped her RAZR Maxx and cracked the screen so she had to go through Asurion. She received a refurbished unit that has it's own set of flaws. The most notable flaw is the GPS will not lock on under any circumstances and no trouble shooting fixed the issue. This was happening right out of the box so add another refurbished RAZR that's a failure to my list.

Motorola needs to get their ducks in a row or stop doing refurbished units all together.

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
Well I could tell you how to fix the gps, but your gotta be rooted.

Or if stock you can flash the leaked 215 update and it fixes the gps.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I would like to add to this and I posted this in another thread too.

I returned phone #8 and kept phone #6 for now because phone #8 had a very bad build quality. Every single plastic panel moves and pushed in. It even pulled away due to broken clips and some panels were not flush. I kept #6 and dealt with the splotch but now I'm awaiting at least one phone to arrive at Verizon so I can get another device sent. I had to reboot my current device 3 times during a 30 minute period because the following things happened:

1.) I could no longer hear him but he could hear me.
2.) Vibrate function and all sound did not work whether on speaker phone or phone ear speaker.
3.) Screen disabled auto brightness and disabled the auto sensor that shuts off screen when held to your face
4.) Enabled emergency mode several times as this happened. Enabled call back mode and had the RED CROSS in the notification bar. I had to reboot device.

And on a side note, the Kevlar backing has an oily texture to it in an odd pattern. Its not from my skin and it can't be removed under any circumstances. Almost looks like it was sealed in. Add that with scratches all over the chrome and a splotched screen and you have a bad device.

Last edited:

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm still finding it hard to believe that every single phone you get has something wrong with it.

So am I so try and think how I feel. I'm about to buy a Maxx HD this week at full retail and cut my losses. And consider that that isn't much of an upgrade to warrant the cost and you'll understand where I'm coming from. An HD screen is nice but I don't need it for the price. I can think of a million better things to spend my money on including putting extra payments on my car.

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
So am I so try and think how I feel. I'm about to buy a Maxx HD this week at full retail and cut my losses. And consider that that isn't much of an upgrade to warrant the cost and you'll understand where I'm coming from. An HD screen is nice but I don't need it for the price. I can think of a million better things to spend my money on including putting extra payments on my car.

I can understand where you are coming from.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

coolbreeze

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
After reading through this thread I think I lucked up. Verizon sent me a Maxx to replace an overheating Rezound. The Maxx seems to be in good shape, everything works. The back looks a little faded, but without seeing it new I don't know how it is supposed to look.

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
Just because one person has u likely issues doesn't mean every like new device is going to be bad. I have had tons for all my devices in the past and have never had issues right away.

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I simply do not like paying a premium for insurance, an outrageous deductible for a used device is ridiculous.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I simply do not like paying a premium for insurance, an outrageous deductible for a used device is ridiculous.

On a new release, they send new in box devices for a while. Until that point whenever it may be its worth it. Refurbished devices are a gamble and a joke but at least Verizon and Motorola are forced to send me one until its rectified. At this point, after all these problems, I expect a flawless, like new device. I was reasonable before but as of this moment I'm becoming picky. I'm upgrading to the HD anyways because I'm tired of all these issues. So in order to recoup cost I need it perfect as if I took care of it. I can send in a device that's a year old and it will look as good as the day I bought it. I expect the same in return.

maynardjames

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I just sent one back due to the speaker grill being torn it took four reboots to get the phone to read the sim card the sim door had a big gap and the top of the phone where the Kevlar meets the camera was dented in. I called big red and the girl was trying to get me to use one of my upgrades to get a new phone she even recommended a RAZR maxx then she tried to get me to buy a phone at full retail. Then when she offered me an 8 gb iPhone 4 I hung up on her

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I just sent one back due to the speaker grill being torn it took four reboots to get the phone to read the sim card the sim door had a big gap and the top of the phone where the Kevlar meets the camera was dented in. I called big red and the girl was trying to get me to use one of my upgrades to get a new phone she even recommended a RAZR maxx then she tried to get me to buy a phone at full retail. Then when she offered me an 8 gb iPhone 4 I hung up on her

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

I bought the RAZR HD Maxx just to get away from these replacements but noe Verizon who delayed my Maxx replacement is giving me trouble because my warranty is invalid since I got a new phone. I'll get a replacement but not without a fight...

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
Phone doesn't matter.... There is still a warranty on the other one it doesn't end because you get a new phone. These verizon guys are idiots.

On a side note, my replacement will be here Monday I'll keep you guys informed.

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I bought the RAZR HD Maxx just to get away from these replacements but noe Verizon who delayed my Maxx replacement is giving me trouble because my warranty is invalid since I got a new phone. I'll get a replacement but not without a fight...

It is pathetic how they treat customers.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Phone doesn't matter.... There is still a warranty on the other one it doesn't end because you get a new phone. These verizon guys are idiots.

On a side note, my replacement will be here Monday I'll keep you guys informed.

That's my whole argument right there. I'm being told it needs supervisor approval before it can be sent out. I've never had a problem with Verizon before but I'm close to becoming a very bad customer to deal with. I've done it to Acura, Microsoft, T-Mobile, AT&T but Verizon is next.

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
It took me 20 mins to get them to send me a replacement. I'm having problems with my vibration for the whole phone goes out then comes back. I did a reset before I called and yet They STILL had me check all my settings after I explained the were all normal and I'm positive I didn't change anything. Besides if it was a setting it wouldn't work one minute and not the next.

Then they asked me if I could bring it to a store so they could duplicate the problem, I told them no. I said I wasn't going to waste the gas just to have them call you guys like they always do.

I think these guys are so used to dealing with non tech savy people so they just talk to everyone like they don't know anything about their phone. You have no idea how many times I've corrected the techs on something they say or are wrong about. I really think verizon needs to go back and look at their training procedure.

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
That's my whole argument right there. I'm being told it needs supervisor approval before it can be sent out. I've never had a problem with Verizon before but I'm close to becoming a very bad customer to deal with. I've done it to Acura, Microsoft, T-Mobile, AT&T but Verizon is next.

You should just activate the old phone until you get your replacement and tell them you got rid of it, and then as soon as you get it switch back to the hd then sell the like new maxx on ebay.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1