Crushed Power Button

caseymurphy11

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
I dropped my phone yesterday so perfectly that it crushed the power button. It's completely useless now. I can't turn my screen back on when it turns off after a certain amount of time. I also cannot turn my phone back on after the battery went dead. Is there any other way to turn on the Droid Razr other than pressing the power botton on the top right of the phone? I have insurance and will be getting a new phone in 2 days, I just wanted to see if there was any way to turn it on?

caseymurphy11

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
Yes. When I plug it in the "motorola dual core technology" screen pops up, followed by the 100% charged screen. But then it just goes back to being off. The phone is still fully functional, except I can't turn it on...

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
Try using something like a pen to push and hold the power button and see if you can get it to turn on that way maybe

Sent from my RAZR MAXXIMUS ;)

tlacour

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
The only other thing I can think of is to plug it in to a computers USB. It may turn itself on then.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
Na it won't turn itself on it will just do the same thing. I'm thinking that the button probably just doesn't work, if you can break it away or push it hard enough with a pen or whatever you may be able to activate the button that actually under neath the chrome button.

Sent from my RAZR MAXXIMUS ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20