aparker2005

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys I've noticed lately that when using Google Navigation that its now taking forever for my gps to lock on and do turn by turn navigation. It used to not do this and be instant. Its getting frustrating when you want to go somewhere spur of the moment and drive past the place waiting on the gps to lock on. Any ideas? Thanks!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

B-Rad67

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
Mine had the same problem after the ics upgrade and I cured it with a factory reset. I also cleared the cache 3 times in a row just for over kills sake. Has worked perfectly ever since.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

dragonsamus

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
I've noticed this issue as well. I rooted my phone and am using a different ROM. The GPS works a lot faster now. I don't think there's a fix unless an update comes.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
Or if you're rooted you can copy the gps.conf file from a 215 based rom and move it to your stock rom (or one that isn't based off 215) and it will work the same.

That's why I did for arctic hd and it works great now

Sent from my RAZR MAXXIMUS ;)

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Maybe this is the problem my sister is having with her RAZR Maxx. She has been complaining that her GPS would no longer lock on so maybe it was just to slow and she gave up. This reason along with the convenience of a big screen in my dashboard is why I'll never change to portable navigation.

dubfish34

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
Or if you're rooted you can copy the gps.conf file from a 215 based rom and move it to your stock rom (or one that isn't based off 215) and it will work the same.

That's why I did for arctic hd and it works great now

Sent from my RAZR MAXXIMUS ;)

I'm running Arctic HD but still a pretty novice root user. Is there a guide that can help with this?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc