Razr Maxx Stuck on Droid Eye (Not Rooted)

Explicit

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
Any ideas how to get it out of this screen? I reset the phone and it goes from the Moto screen to the Droid Eye. Any ideas?

anon(19981)

May 2, 2010
Visit site
I had mine do that once. I pushed the power button down for 10-15 sec and it re started the boot process normally. (I can't remember if I also used the home button at the same time).

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
It's power and volume down. Try that to force a reboot. If not you may have to boot into the stock recovery and wipe cache

Sent from my RAZR MAXXIMUS ;)

Explicit

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
Had the hardest time trying to just power off the phone. Finally was able to get I to recovery and had to hard rest the phone. The screen became unresponsive to touch, but the reset seems to have fixed it. Weird

MrHost

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Power and volume up does hard reset. Power and volume down does a screenshot.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

polar135

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
I was having the same issues with freeze up so i unfroze some of the system apps, and than just hid them from being able to see them. Hope this will fix the freeze issues.

bradenfontaine

The Mad Man
Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
If still on ICS download matt's 1.82 utility and run option 1. You will lose data, but it will unbrick your phone.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

wpn00b

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
If still on ICS download matt's 1.82 utility and run option 1. You will lose data, but it will unbrick your phone.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I know this is really old but I hate responses like this. Trying to fix my sister's device and this is worded as if I know who Matt is and what his 1.82 utility is. I'm going to do some searching but who the hell is Matt? Is that a user on this forum? Is that just the name of the utility?

I'm not saying I'm ungrateful... just saying that the responses like this as well as people chiming in with "just root it" as an answer in other threads aren't as helpful as the author may have originally thought. To an outsider searching for help it is incredibly vague.

I appreciate that this thread is even here for me to follow it's breadcrumbs. Just a little more context is useful when providing an answer.

Off to search the web some more... already at it 3 hours and nothing is working, then I came across this post. So I'll come thank this post if I ever find out who Matt is.

EDIT: Well, I don't know who Matt is but I was able to locate the utility. Sorry for being a jerk about it, years later no less, but just wanted to say that since people go looking for this stuff, when their carrier is unable to help them, it might make sense to give a hint as to what they are looking for. For anyone else that finds this post, "Droid RAZR utility" is what you are searching for. I assume there must be something against posting links or whatever since no one else advised and when I located it, it was behind a few hidden links as if it isn't supposed to be out there or they just want to limit the downloads. In any case, I hope I've helped the next person.

Last edited:

CityGirl9

Jun 12, 2015
Visit site
Wpnoob, I appreciate your comment. I was given a Droid Razor Maxx, a great phone, but I dropped it on a quiet, residential street last week and someone picked it up without returning it. (I tracked it using Google Latitude...sadly, it didn't have a "find my phone" type app installed). My son had the same phone but it's stuck on the Droid Eye even with charging it and holding down the power button and up or down button to re-boot. He got a new phone. Does anyone have advice? I just need to retrieve texts that came in after my phone was lost last week. My phone now goes straight to voice mail today and tracking stopped last week on Google Latitude. Thanks for any help!

I know it's an old post but I came across it. Sorry, but I have no idea what you mean and my son's phone has the same frozen Droid Eye issue. I dropped my Droid on a quiet, residential street last week and someone evidently picked it up. (I tracked it using Google Latitude and it moved around...sadly, it didn't have a "find my phone" type app installed). My son had the same phone and I can try to port to that and retrieve my stuff but it's stuck on the Droid Eye even with charging it and holding down the power button and up or down button to re-boot. He got a new phone. Any advice? I just need to retrieve texts that came in after my phone was lost last week. My phone now goes straight to voice mail today and tracking stopped last week on Google Latitude. Thanks for any help!

Last edited by a moderator:

wpn00b

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Hi CityGirl9,
I was unable to get the Droid Razr Utility to work. You can give it a try if you search for those three words (Droid Razr Utility in quotes in Google/Bing/Yahoo or whatever search engine you prefer. That will get you to where you can find a program to download to try to fix it. Since I couldn't get it to work I can't really be of anymore assistance than to post a link.

Here is a link to a youtube video where someone is using the utility. Maybe this will help.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzyu2qz8L6U

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci