Razr maxx and razr m text contact major issue. All users please read!!!

fixmyrazrm

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
This is to all users of Droid Razr Maxx and Razr M. My wife and I recently purchased a new Razr Maxx. My job requires me to forward various texts to various people pertaining to specific job issues. I am a construction manager putting in T-Mobiles 4G network. My wife is also a construction manager for T-Mobile. After two weeks of owning this phone we stumbled across a huge problem with this phone when it comes to forwarding texts.
When we tried to forward a text we discovered that there was no way to LOGICALLY search your contacts to forward texts to specific people. The phone gives you some arbitrary contact information when you attempt to choose a contact for forwarding. It is totally illogical!
I spent 5 hours last Sunday with a live Motorola chat, a level 1 Motorola tech, and a level 2 Motorola tech who have never heard of this problem and attempted to correct this issue with my phone (rebooting, hard reset, clear cache, wipe partition, and finally a complete wipe of phone). To no avail. Finally I was told that the highest level tech at Motorola would call me to correct this issue. Two days later when I did talk to the level 3 Motorola tech, he attempted to fix the problem. To no avail.
This is when I was convinced that this was not an issue with mine and my wife's Razr Maxx, but this was an issue with ALL Razr Maxx's. I went to the Verizon Store to confirm my belief and picked up a Razr M which operated the exact same way. WE ARE ALL GETTING DUPED BY MOTOROLA WITH THIS ARBITRARY CONTACT INFORMATION VIA TEXT MESSAGING.:-\
After informing the level 3 Motorola tech of my findings that this was a flaw in all Maxx's and M's, he attempted this on his phone. His didn't work and he said he kinda felt cheated. After all the rebooting, wiping, repartitioning of my phone he said he would ESCALATE issue and get back to me. He called me back 1 hour later with the statement that this was a proper function of the Razr M and Razr Maxx. Everything I tried gave me arbitrary contacts.
My question is to every Razr M and Razr Maxx user. WHEN YOU CREATE A NEW TEXT OR FORWARD A TEXT WHAT KIND OF CONTACT INFORMATION DO YOU GET FROM YOUR PHONE? CAN YOU LOGICALLY SEARCH YOUR CONTACTS TO SEND OR FORWARD A TEXT TO OR DO YOU GET SOMETHING AS ILLOGICAL AS ME? IF THIS IS A FUNCTION, CAN ANYONE EXPLAIN TO ME HOW THIS FUNCTION WORKS? ARE ME AND MY WIFE THE ONLY ONES OR DO YOU FEEL DUPED? PLEASE, PLEASE, REPLY ON THIS ISSUE SO I CAN GO TO MOTOROLA WITH FINDINGS FROM THE RAZR M AND RAZR MAXX COMMUNITY. I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO HEARING FROM ALL! MOTOROLA, FIX MY RAZR MAXX!

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
When you forward the message all you have to do is start typing the name of the person you wanted to send it to... You get their name and number.. What more do you need?
Seems pretty logical to me.
Sent from my RAZR MAXXIMUS ;)

NJ Fred

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
With all respect, I have used the stock text message program, GO SMS and Pansi. I have never had a tad of difficulty sending or forwarding text messages to one or several of my contacts. And I am a bit of a geezer whose smartphone skill level is best described as pathetic.

I hope you can work through it.

tlacour

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I have a Maxx and an M. I am not understanding what your problem with the texting app is.
When I am forwarding a message I go to the message, long press the message I want to forward, at the top is an icon that looks like an envelope with an arrow pointing to the right. This is the forward icon. Press this and a text box pops up to select recipients. This is the search box. You start typing either the name or number and it will search your contact list for everyone that fits. The more you type, the fewer choices you have until the name you are looking for appears.

Can't think of any more logical way to do that.

Is this not how your texting app works?

Tony

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
I use gosms and it's the same. I'm sure that no matter what app you use it will be like that. It's the most logical and easiest way I could imagine

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
When you forward the message all you have to do is start typing the name of the person you wanted to send it to... You get their name and number.. What more do you need?
Seems pretty logical to me.

Boom.

lololovestech

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
I want to help but I'm just not following. You just start typing the name of the contact and the phone narrows down your choices from your contact list. This is after you long press on the message and hit the forward icon (as was previously stated). In fact the cursor appears in the right spot so you can just start clicking away. I don't think any of us are understanding what you are attempting to communicate.

I have an M by the way.

Sent from my XT907 using Android Central Forums

x1sspic

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
are you referring to the contacts that pop up before you start typing a contact name? If so, I believe this list is populated automatically based on which contacts you have text messaged the most (and are the most likely contacts you are about to text).

Scott

coolbreeze

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
This will be one of the most read threads in the Maxx forum and no one will have any idea what he is talking about.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
Maybe a screen shot of this ILLOGICAL contact stuff you are talking about would make more sense. But man I feel bad you wasted the majority of your Saturday trying to fix something that isn't broken... Every android I've owned has worked the same way.

jeffrok

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
LOL,

Someone (first person in the world maybe) needs to take advantage of Verizon's free "intro to your Smartphone" class.

FredBassett

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
LOL,

Someone (first person in the world maybe) needs to take advantage of Verizon's free "intro to your Smartphone" class.

The basic intro like how to turn the phone on first before the heavy stuff like texting :D then forum standards and politeness like not shouting in a post

dragonsamus

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
I just tried forwarding a text and there were no issues. Type their name and their number pops up.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

MrHost

May 17, 2010
Visit site
At this point, a screenshot would be the best example if what is happening.

To take a screenshot hold the power button and the volume down button down for about 3 second. It should technically go off after 2 seconds. You will hear a camera sound and see a quick outline of your screen to indicate the screenshot was taken and you will have a notification on it as well.

Please post so we can better understand the problem you are seeing.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

lololovestech

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
Scott, I think you got the closest to what's really happening here. Nailed it.

This thread is hysterical.

Sent from my XT907 using Android Central Forums

droidntn

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
Hey...but, I'll give the OP props for the most alarming 911 post I've seen in awhile.

FYI dood, screenshots are done by pressing vol down and power button at same time.
And please don't look for logic in that either.
:)

FredBassett

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
concerns me greatly that if your a TMobile user, he's entrusted with making the 4g network work if he can't send a text on a phone .. he said "I am a construction manager putting in T-Mobiles 4G network"
Thank god i'm with VZW :D

How is TMobile and that 4G network....

I checked out where his 2nd post was and it was the same one copied on the M forum lol..
i think we all need to stop for a moment and say a prayer for TMobile, its 4G network and its users if this guy is entrusted with building it if he gets this uptight over his inability to send a text due to lack of knowhow of something this basic

I LOVE my Maxx with ICS

rbess1965

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Can't help but notice that the OP has not responded to any of the comments beyond his rant. Probably figured it out and didn't want to come on here and admit to OE. Hey but he took the time to create that awesome Avatar before posting. Bravo:)

Message brought to you by the amazing Droid Razr Maxx