Vibrate-only mode not working

scotts9219

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
O, wizened posters,

When I switch my phone to vibrate mode in the Phone Options dialog box (hold power button 2 seconds) the phone does not vibrate. I did some research for this and can't find anything specific to my problem. When it is in vibrate mode it acts like it is silent mode. No sound or vibration. I know the motor works for the vibrator because it works with other things (key press, alarms, etc.). Sound on mode works just fine. Does anyone have any ideas here?

Running stock ICS, not rooted...yet. :cool:

TIA

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
O, wizened posters,

When I switch my phone to vibrate mode in the Phone Options dialog box (hold power button 2 seconds) the phone does not vibrate. I did some research for this and can't find anything specific to my problem. When it is in vibrate mode it acts like it is silent mode. No sound or vibration. I know the motor works for the vibrator because it works with other things (key press, alarms, etc.). Sound on mode works just fine. Does anyone have any ideas here?

Running stock ICS, not rooted...yet. :cool:

TIA

In the settings menu, its set to vibrate only when not in vibrate mode right? I had this issue with my RAZR when it came out and a factory reset was the only fix.

Settings <Sound < silent mode < vibrate
Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD using Tapatalk 2

durango992007

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried using the vibrate option through the settings menu? If you have, and it sounds more like a software problem than hardware since it works for key presses and alarms, maybe factory reset your phone. Always a pain to do but it does actually work. If that were to not work, i would get in contract with Verizon about getting a replacement.

Of course, if anyone else has input in this matter, chime in.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums