vibration on my Droid Razr Maxx is fading in and out

ArtieTheOneManParty

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I've got the same issue going on. I just tried the "shake" technique, and that brings back the haptic feedback. I'm not sure if I'm missing any calls due to lack vibration, but it is possible. Is it worthwhile to get a refurb replacement? I've had the phone since June, so I have a little time. Also, I'm rooted, and have the Razr M launcher and circle widget running. Do I need to unroot and do a factory reset before I try for a replacement?

maxman1

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I really don't think that the issue affects a vibrate on call setting. If it does, I've not detected it. FWIW, I've not noticed loss of haptic feedback on a full battery either - every time it's happened on my Maxx it's been below 50% and it never occurred prior to the JB update. I initially wondered if it was a battery saving feature but after discovering a shake or bump brings it back I no longer think it's by design. I look at it as a minor nuisance that really doesn't impair the phone.

Sent from my Droid RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk2

maxman1

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Mine has done it off & on almost from day one but I can give it a good shake or little bump & good to go till next time.

Sent from my Droid RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk2

Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
the Motion Sensor is off in terms of Calibration

get "Sensor Tester" fom company "SOAUS", switch sensor to "Accelometer" ... you will see that one axis is showing accelration values even if the phone is lying still ... via menue recalibrate the motion sensor ... and problem should be gone ...

My motion sensor (well ... the one of my phone) was off after I dropped the phone ... and I had the same effects as described above ... thought it was a HW faillure ... but when I read that disabling the motion detection might work, I tried this ... and it seems to work so far ...

Cheers,
Phil

Fire_Police_18

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
I had the same issue, i turned off the vibrate when touching the keypad and now its vibrating as it should. If i turn that feature back on then it stops vibrating for texts/calls