Anyone experiencing lag on razr maxx?

nogutsnoglory

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
I have had the maxx for about 8 months or so, and up until now, the phone has been rock solid and extremely fast. In the last few days, the phone has slowed down to a crawl. It is almost unusable. It takes 10-20 seconds to open most apps, including the email app. And opening an email can be painfully slow. It got so bad that I reactivated my BlackBerry Bold. And the Bold is running circles around the maxx, which can't be right.

Anyone have similar problems?

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Just curious, have you checked your running available RAM? Maybe reached overload. I know it's supposed to refresh and restore, but ? Just a thought.

nogutsnoglory

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
Yes, even after a reboot it lags pretty bad. It just seems like every time you open an app or ask the phone to do anything it feels like an eternity until the phone completes the action. In reality it may only be 5-10 seconds. I remember first getting the phone and it was smoking fast.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
If the email app seems to be a particular problem, how about just stopping it, clearing all the data from that app, and not setting it back up with your email accounts to see if that leads to improvement? You could even try disabling the email app as well. If that doesn't help, it shouldn't be too hard to set it back up with your mail accounts.

bradenfontaine

The Mad Man
Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
I think the root issue is that no voice typing can pick up on my way awesome accent combined with my incredible personality

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

carmen_612

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
What's a good app for non rooted phones?
I know, I should just root, I'm just a bit worried that something will go wrong with my luck.

bradenfontaine

The Mad Man
Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
More chance of a flaming turd falling from the sky and hitting your windshield while pulling out of the carwash... Trust me. You click one button to root.

nogutsnoglory

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
Thank you bradenfontaine so much for the advise and awesome write up on how to add safestrap, etc. I just finished it a little while ago but unfortunately, the lag is still there. It is painfully slow. My wife has the same phone with GB and I will check her's tonight to see if she has the same problem. Based on this I am going back to my Blackberry Bold at least for now. I just compared the 2 phones and even google maps loaded so much faster on the BB than it did on the motorola. Not trying to troll with that statement, just making an observation. I feel that some phones just don't work well with ICS yet. Hopefully that will change with the patch supposedly being worked on by Android at which time I can switch back.

Thanks for all the help everyone!

bradenfontaine

The Mad Man
Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
Can I suggest flashing a custom ROM? Eclipse 1.5 is my personal favorite over at droidrzr.com, If you STILL experience lag... Then it could potentially be hardware. Keep us informed.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams