HDMI help please

MrHost

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Any reason you are running GB instead of ICS? Some changes were made going from none to the other.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
I unfroze all my apps , there were 69 and it is now working. The mirror mode option pops right up as it should. The picture quality on the TV is very good, near HD quality. Not bad coming from a phone. So a frozen app was the culprit. I notice the mirror mode option won't stay up so re-freezing the apps to see which one could be a PITA. I'm glad it's working tho and thanks to all for your comments and helpful suggestions.
@Mrhost, I just prefer GB. It's a personal preference.

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
You could unplug hdmi and plug it back in after every app you freeze and see if it pops back up. Talk about a pain. But it would be cool to know which app it was

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Ha,my curiosity won't be satisfied till I find it. Got some time tomorrow. Besides I'll want to refreeze the rest.

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Found the app. It's webtop 1.0 . Of course it was in the "W" section and I started alphabetically ;). Good to know in any case. I found some others I could freeze while I was at it. Had a nervous moment this morning when I saw that ICS had DL'd and was waiting for me to install. Previously when it was first released it wanted to install on its own and if I hadn't caught it and disabled the updater then it would have installed. I'm not an ICS hater, just don't want it. Froze the updater ASAP, cleaned the cache of the ICS file and was really glad it didn't auto install, totally spaced out that possibility of it coming thru overnite.
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

MrHost

May 17, 2010
Visit site
We probably should have asked what you froze. Webtop is the specific app used to push through HDMI, so that mashes perfect sense. Glad you found it either way.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
We probably should have asked what you froze. Webtop is the specific app used to push through HDMI, so that mashes perfect sense. Glad you found it either way.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums
Well having that info would have saved me some time and trouble for sure as I didn't know the function of webtop , but had froze it at least eightor ine months ago so of course thought it to be some benign app not needed. Just goes to show, but listing all my frozen apps would have been to much. I've been an android user for the past two years and there's definitely a learning curve, but its all good and I've got things set where I want them again.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Whoops, sorry! I forgot that the HDMI cable doesn't come with the phone, although for the life of me I can't remember where I got mine.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney