Unlock a Razr Maxx

dabutracing007

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
I've got a Razr Maxx running 4.0.4 if that matters. I'm trying to unlock it to use globally as I'll be overseas for the next couple years. Is this possible and how would I do it?

Thanks.

NotAnotherSN92

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
From what I understand, the RAZR Maxx is already carrier unlocked and you can just pop in an international SIM when you get to wherever you are going.

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Correct me if I'm wrong here, but the SIM slot in the Maxx is only for LTE, correct? So, since this is a CDMA device, you wouldn't just be able to throw a SIM in it and go. You'd need a GSM phone to do that.

Allen Waldrep

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
I have a Razr Maxx, just got back form China, I bought a sim card there plugged it in and had full functionality for voice, text, data. All my programs worked as before, to call states use Skype in wifi, all calls in china were off of prepaid sim that I recharged while there. When I came home I put my original card in and all is good.
Only snag was getting spam text in chinese characters, about 2/day.

Allen Waldrep

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
also, the phone is quad band hardware, though software support did not happen until ICS upgrade. When going to China, didn't need to tell Veriz. anything as I was not using their international service.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I have a Razr Maxx, just got back form China, I bought a sim card there plugged it in and had full functionality for voice, text, data. All my programs worked as before, to call states use Skype in wifi, all calls in china were off of prepaid sim that I recharged while there. When I came home I put my original card in and all is good.
Only snag was getting spam text in chinese characters, about 2/day.

Which carrier in China?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie