FDR Question

awriternot

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
I never did a FDR when we got ICS, so I'm gonna do it now, hoping it will help my lag issue.

The question I have though, is should I also select "clear internal data"? If I don't, does that defeat the purpose of doing a FDR?

Sent from my Unrooted Droid Razr Maxx Using Tapatalk

rbess1965

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Brad. Bet you just love these OS updates. Because with all the new damn issues they always cause, you get all the activity you can handle now. Congrats. Maybe you should just do a blanket statement to everyone. Attention lucky recipients of the the new Jelly Bean update, when you start seeing all the random crap you never had to deal with on your original OS, just do a Factory Reset and be sure to thank the Software programming gods for allowing us the opportunity to spend so much time trying to fix our phones now because we were so board with our lives before. :)

Sent using the amazing RAZR Maxx HD

bradenfontaine

The Mad Man
Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
Brad. Bet you just love these OS updates. Because with all the new damn issues they always cause, you get all the activity you can handle now. Congrats. Maybe you should just do a blanket statement to everyone. Attention lucky recipients of the the new Jelly Bean update, when you start seeing all the random crap you never had to deal with on your original OS, just do a Factory Reset and be sure to thank the Software programming gods for allowing us the opportunity to spend so much time trying to fix our phones now because we were so board with our lives before. :)

Sent using the amazing RAZR Maxx HD

untitled_zps7f291455.png

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Heh heh, my exact reaction. I believe rbess is dishing out the snark regarding how updates tend to make things buggy, and helpful people like you might as well just send out a generic email telling everyone to do a factory reset after a system update, due to the high risk of glitches otherwise.

bradenfontaine

The Mad Man
Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
ive got to say, now that i am back on the stock rom.... this $h!t is laggy as ***k... strange that something made by a non google engineer can run faster stronger and longer than stock...

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Who are you, and what have you done with the real bradenfontaine? The real one would never be on stock.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmitrbol