4.1.2 JB for my Maxx....

TheLibertarian

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
The chain it has to go through to release an update is long it is not just a person pushing a button that says release patch.

And if it were intentional it would be released to some devices (you know, like soak testing) and not pushed to others. That fact that most people began the update and it mysteriously disappeared before it could be installed shows something went wrong from from Motorola/Verizon's end and they rushed to fix it.

I think we all know there isn't some big red button that one presses to push out an update. Very clearly still a mistake and definitely not intentional.

Last edited:

mvp4him3

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
It has been a couple days and everything is still smooth as butter on my end. Do not really use wifi much but I do tether at work and after 6 straight hours of tethering before I charge it I still have over 40%! Which in my eyes is as good as it can get. I love the JB update thus far.

Gmanmonster

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
For those who are saying that the update has totally changed their device for the better, can I ask what was wrong before? What changed to make the phone so great again?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

Stolen from Jelly Bean | Android Developers
Android 4.1 extends vsync timing across all drawing and animation done by the Android framework. Everything runs in lockstep against a 16 millisecond vsync heartbeat ? application rendering, touch events, screen composition, and display refresh ? so frames don?t get ahead or behind.

Android 4.1 also adds triple buffering in the graphics pipeline, for more consistent rendering that makes everything feel smoother, from scrolling to paging and animations.

Android 4.1 reduces touch latency not only by synchronizing touch to vsync timing, but also by actually anticipating where your finger will be at the time of the screen refresh. This results in a more reactive and uniform touch response. In addition, after periods of inactivity, Android applies a CPU input boost at the next touch event, to make sure there?s no latency.

In other words, it makes better use of the dual or multi core tech that Gingerbread and ICS mostly ignored - making it faster and more responsive

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Unless the guy at the end of the chain said "hey, I wonder what will happen if I push this button that says release patch"

Sent from my RAZR MAXXIMUS ;)

Motorola Christmas Party... everyone was buzzed and somebody thought "hey, I wonder what will happen if I push this button that says release patch"!!! :D

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Oh yeah, another PLUS for any of you running JB ROMS, I was jumping back and forth between Black Widow and JellyCore ROMS and my Camera Flash didn't work with them. Now that I ventured forth with the Leak JB, it works... for what it's worth!

anon(43138)

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
I'm not getting anywhere near those battery stats. I was having issues prior to the JB update...so I'm wondering if I should check my warranty. Any thoughts?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

mvp4him3

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
I do not see how we all have the same phone with the same specs and yet people are getting terrible outcomes to JB. Doing a full wipe and following directions will fix it.

mfdroiduser

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
It was showing up to update every 12 hrs, it automatically downloaded so I installed this morning. Took about 15 minutes. Reboot and done . S far no issues. One thing missing is the weather widgets for the screen but will find an alternative. Gallery changed a bit, lost all my custom albums but all pics and videos still there but haven't figured out if How to create new album, also it duplicated pics, not a biggie though

mvp4him3

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
Are folks still getting this update? is it still rolling out?

As far as I know they have stopped it. I just installed mine manually. So mine says up to date and if it does release it will still say up to date. If it does get pushed again I am sure you can find another post about it here.

jeffrok

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
Sooo, I hear JB is supposed to have a much faster boot time.. I just timed my bootup (granted, I have about 197 apps on my phone), and it still takes well over 1 minute to boot. I'm not sure how long ICS took, but it also took well over a minute.. Maybe it took 2?

Any tricks to speeding up the boot, other than uninstalling a bunch of stuff :D?

bradenfontaine

The Mad Man
Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
try uninstalling a bunch of crap

trollface.jpg

flyboy28802

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I did the update last night. I did rather the extreme though. I did a FDR let it set for about 10 minutes. Then did a clearing of the cache, then did the update. Then let it sit for another 10 minutes and did a FDR again; I haven't cleared the cache yet.

So far no issues with WIFI or 4G.(I haven't tried blue tooth yet). I was able to get into the Play Store and download my apps with no issues. As someone else noted "Sleep" mode has been removed. Smooth operation between menus and haven't noticed any sluggishness. I am now testing the slow 3% battery drain issue in Airplane mode I had within ICS. I should know within the next couple of days if this problem has been resolved.

FB