4.1.2 JB for my Maxx....

epowell01

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
My Razr Maxx said yesterday that an update was available and it was downloading. Never materialized. So I finally rebooted after a couple hours. Not there. Been checking via settings every sense (pun intended : )).... Say I am up to date. Obviously not.. Does my phone being rooted and having a launcher have any affect on downloads? Can I do a manual download or push? P.S. I have wi-fi turned off. :cool:

mvp4him3

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
Well got an error and installation was aborted... sweet. Did all the steps and then said "assert failed" followed by a long file path and then under that it isaid "error in /tmp/sideload/package.zip (status 7) and then installation aborted.

mooch91

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
I got the JB update yesterday. Accidentally downloaded and installed without thinking. Looks a lot like Windows mobile, which I despise, and causing me some annoying, albeit minor, issues. Here's a list so far:

-Separated my joined contacts.
- Isn't syncing FB properly with my contacts.
- Contact pics are all pixilated and blurry.
- Text message occasionally won't show 'Compose Here' box.
- Wifi disconnects, turns off, and turns back on randomly.
-Favorite Contacts widget is completely borked.
- Lots of presets for app usage (especially using Gmail instead of native email app) have been erased.

That's what I've got so far. Going to clear cache and see it that helps at all. Will report back.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I'm also having wi-fi issues, with certain routers.

No issues with the favorites widget on mine. Also, no issues with loss of app settings/defaults.

Here's my short list of issues:
  • Don't know how to access the music player. In ICS we had "My Music" - can't find the app in JB.
  • Don't know how to access my DLNA servers. In ICS we had options in "My Gallery" and "My Music" to access DLNA servers.
  • Have multiple camera galleries (duplicate images), but one doesn't behave properly. I don't want to delete it because I'm sure I'll be deleting some images. When I searched the phone, there were not duplicate files anywhere. I think this is an artifact of the renaming of the SD card.

Otherwise it seems to be running well after a cache clear.

clownin72

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
i have the duplicate picture folders as well and dont wanna delete one because sure as crap it will delete it for good

Sent from my Xoom using Android Central Forums

mooch91

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
The WiFi issues are slightly annoying now. I'm on my second router where the phone won't connect. I'm 1 for 3 on WiFi connections now.

kamax

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I have older net gear router and I have no WiFi issues at all. I only had the photo issue where it made doubles of all pics. Otherwise JB is really smooth I like it.;

mooch91

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
I have older net gear router and I have no WiFi issues at all. I only had the photo issue where it made doubles of all pics. Otherwise JB is really smooth I like it.;

Went from downloading the update on my router to no connection on the same router inmediately after the update.

bed269

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I lose WiFi easier now. Before the update I could go to the other side of the house now with the update it might drop off but not every time. Everything else is great about it so far. But after having the thunderbolt an old Nokia flip phone was an improvement.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

clownin72

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm on my second router two different brands and no problems on either network. Did notice less signal strength though for sitting right next to it

elthon

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Re: December 24 Update?

lol. me neither. My phone had the notification to download the update around 5:00PM Dec, 24. I had to get to Wifi so when i got home around 1:00AM i connected to Wifi, and the update disappeared. Hopefully it wont be too long before Verizon continues to roll out the update. DROID RAZR MAXX ICS 4.0.4 :)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: December 24 Update?

But do it with caution. Remember that this was almost certainly a mistaken release, and there's been no indication that Moto or Verizon are anywhere near a final build. So if it messes up your phone and you have difficulty flashing back to ICS, don't be surprised!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol