4.1.2 JB for my Maxx....

chucklw

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Re: December 24 Update?

no update yet.
spoke with Verizon - no info on updates.
looked at Motorola forum - nothing there.

hope it is better than ICS - it really screwed up things.

mvp4him3

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
Re: December 24 Update?

Had it since it was released to manually sideload it and no problem at all. Had one random reboot but other than that it has ran flawlessly. When I tether sometimes it turns off my bluetooth but that is just my tethering app. Once I turn it back on it connects to my Microsoft Sync. All in all it is really stable and if rooted runs even better!!

MRHIGHSPEED

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
Maybe the download became corrupt. Try it again. I downloaded the JB ROM to my device then made a copy on my laptop. I opened the zip file on my laptop just to make sure it was complete.

Tried this today. No joy. At "Verifying current system . . . " I get:

assert failed: apply_patch_check("/system/bin/logwrapper", "f39fcb2d78b9e92e9fbedc6a62a047dc23459416", "4a63fec78956def045b442910a754fa640db8f5a")
E:Error in /tmp/sideload/package.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted.

Too bad I have no idea what any of that means. Anyone?.

MA2GA28

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
This Wifi issue is annoying. It's sad that I'm getting better battery life on 3-4 bar 4g than on Wifi in my own home.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

MRHIGHSPEED

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
Tried this today. No joy. At "Verifying current system . . . " I get:

assert failed: apply_patch_check("/system/bin/logwrapper", "f39fcb2d78b9e92e9fbedc6a62a047dc23459416", "4a63fec78956def045b442910a754fa640db8f5a")
E:Error in /tmp/sideload/package.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted.

Too bad I have no idea what any of that means. Anyone?.

Just in case anyone else is running into this, I believe I've learned what the problem is. I've always equated establishing root with installing custom recovery. It would appear that is not the case.

I guess you really do learn something new every day.

So, when they say to completely reset it, then root it, it DOES NOT mean installing SafeStrap when updating SU binaries and ensuring VooDoo OTA is set. I'll hopefully get to give this a try tomorrow when I'm not at work.

NinerJet9

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
Been on JB for several days now. Night and difference in smoothness and speed. I'm very happy! My WiFi does seem a little weaker but it's a non issue. I do miss the native sticky notes and weather app. Every thing else is damn solid. An update to web top would have been icing on the cake.

MRHIGHSPEED

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
Just in case anyone else is running into this, I believe I've learned what the problem is. I've always equated establishing root with installing custom recovery. It would appear that is not the case.

I guess you really do learn something new every day.

So, when they say to completely reset it, then root it, it DOES NOT mean installing SafeStrap when updating SU binaries and ensuring VooDoo OTA is set. I'll hopefully get to give this a try tomorrow when I'm not at work.

Came home this morning and DID IT!!! And so far, it's awesome!

Am I imagining this, or has anyone else found it actually gets better, more stable, and smoother with time? Is there a learning curve to it?

babygirl0419

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
I finally got the courage to put the update on my phone. I have to say so far I'm liking jelly bean. Haven't had it that long though....don't wanna jinx it:).

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

babygirl0419

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
It was showing up to update every 12 hrs, it automatically downloaded so I installed this morning. Took about 15 minutes. Reboot and done . S far no issues. One thing missing is the weather widgets for the screen but will find an alternative. Gallery changed a bit, lost all my custom albums but all pics and videos still there but haven't figured out if How to create new album, also it duplicated pics, not a biggie though

How did you fix the duplication problem? FDR or you had to delete yourself?

ArtieTheOneManParty

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I did the side-load of JB this weekend. Most things seem to be working well, but I do have a few issues. I also updated the launcher to the M launcher, and added the circle widget. Here's my list of issues:
1. No more speed dials. Hopefully they put these back, I've been using them since my first cell phone.
2. I get the force close on Homescreen when I use the quick settings and hit the gps toggle. I know this was an issue for some with the M launcher before, but I never had this issue.
3. The battery level in the circle widget still only shows in increments of 10%. Is there a way to get this to 1%? I know it works correctly on the Razr Maxx HD.

babygirl0419

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
I did the side-load of JB this weekend. Most things seem to be working well, but I do have a few issues. I also updated the launcher to the M launcher, and added the circle widget. Here's my list of issues:
1. No more speed dials. Hopefully they put these back, I've been using them since my first cell phone.
2. I get the force close on Homescreen when I use the quick settings and hit the gps toggle. I know this was an issue for some with the M launcher before, but I never had this issue.
3. The battery level in the circle widget still only shows in increments of 10%. Is there a way to get this to 1%? I know it works correctly on the Razr Maxx HD.

You don't have duplicates?

babygirl0419

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Duplicates as far as what? The only thing I noticed is a duplicate on the favorites widget, which caused me some grief, but ultimately I got working.

Pictures and music? But I figured it out. I just cleared cache and reinserted the sdcard. Evertyhing is fine now.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11