Got ROMs? Flashable ZIPs for your Alltel MAXX!

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Fair warning, it takes forever on first boot. I had a solid black screen for a good minute or two before the boot animation kicked on.

Sent from my Motorola RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

iaminflames

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Did you have issues with the camera on the paranoid android ROM? Everytime I open camera I get a gallery FC.

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Hmm. I can't remember honestly. Any of the fixes I apply shouldn't have anything to do with the camera so I'd recommend checking the original thread for that sort of thing.

pmassey31545

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Added Wizzed Bean RLS7 patch to OP.

So question. I am still using SS 2.11 yet the ROM thread says SS 3 only. Did you flash yours with 2.11?

Did you have issues with the camera on the paranoid android ROM? Everytime I open camera I get a gallery FC.

Had the same issue. That's one reason I went back to stock. That and I couldn't get my keypad on the phone to show up when I *22801 to activate.

Last edited:

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
No, I have upgraded to Safestrap 3. You can try flashing it with 2, but I have no idea if it will work / what will happen.

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Upgrading to SS3 is painless. Go back to your safe side, uninstall recovery, uninstall app, move /safestrap folder from /sdcard to /sdcard-ext, install SS3 app, run it, choose 'install recovery', bam, you have SS3.

pmassey31545

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Upgrading to SS3 is painless. Go back to your safe side, uninstall recovery, uninstall app, move /safestrap folder from /sdcard to /sdcard-ext, install SS3 app, run it, choose 'install recovery', bam, you have SS3.

Yes. But I am having issues with SS 3. Can't get it to 'see' the SD card. I posted here

Also tried the Whizzed Bean. Good looking and fast. But I couldn't get Wifi Tether or BT to work right. But it did install without a problem using SS 2.11.

EDIT: Just uninstalled. Moved everything. Reinstalled and ran. Rebooted and it seems to be working now. Don't really know what I did differently but thanks for the 'encouragement to 'try again".

Last edited:

Craptorman

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
I was able to get MMS working without using GOSMS on the [ROM][STOCK][Base] Paranoid Android Hybrids - CM10 and AOKP 12/20 rom. I'm not on Alltel or Telos, another smaller carrier. I can probably get it working for you guys as well. Here's some info the I have if you all want to try it. It involves decompiling the mms.apk app, adding a couple lines to apns-conf.xml and build.prop.

Here's what I found in the stock messaging app:
alltel_overlay.xml
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<settings>
    <setting type="integer" name="mms_maximum_message_size" value="1024000" />
    <setting type="boolean" name="sms_pref_key_to_email" value="true" />
    <setting type="string" name="sms_pref_key_email_gateway_num" value="6245" />
    <setting type="boolean" name="PriorityEnable" value="true" />
    <setting type="integer" name="MmsFromFormat" value="1" />
    <setting type="boolean" name="TransIdEnable" value="true" />
    <setting type="string" name="UaprofTagName" value="profile" />
    <setting type="boolean" name="WapRejectEnable" value="true" />
    <setting type="integer" name="sms_mms_threshold" value="1" />
    <setting type="string" name="MmsUaprofFormat" value="http://uaprof.motorola.com/phoneconfig/moto$modelno/Profile/moto$modelno.rdf" />
    <setting type="string" name="ProprietaryHttpHeader" value="accept-charset: US-ASCII, ISO-8859-1, UTF-8|X-MDN: $mdn" />
    <setting type="integer" name="DefaultEncodingMethod" value="1" />
</settings>

cdma_spyder_overlay.xml
Code:
<settings>
    <setting type="string" name="mms_user_agent" value="motoxt908" />
    <setting type="integer" name="mms_max_image_width" value="3264" />
    <setting type="integer" name="mms_max_image_height" value="2448" />
</settings>

So, from the above we would edit the mms_config.xml file that's in the MMS.apk app to:
Code:
<mms_config version="4">
    <bool name="enabledMMS">true</bool>
    <int name="maxMessageSize">1228800</int>
    <int name="maxImageHeight">2448</int>
    <int name="maxImageWidth">3264</int> This is the default value. -->
<int name="defaultSMSMessagesPerThread">500</int>
    <int name="defaultMMSMessagesPerThread">50</int>
    <int name="minMessageCountPerThread">10</int>
    <int name="maxMessageCountPerThread">5000</int>
    <string name="uaProfUrl">http://uaprof.motorola.com/phoneconfig/motoxt908/Profile/motoxt908.rdf</string>
    <int name="recipientLimit">-1</int>
    <bool name="enableMultipartSMS">true</bool>
    <bool name="enableSplitSMS">false</bool>
    <int name="smsToMmsTextThreshold">-1</int>
    <bool name="enableSlideDuration">true</bool>
    <int name="maxMessageTextSize">-1</int>
    <string name="userAgent">motoxt908</string>
    <string name="uaProfTagName">profile</string>
    <string name="httpParams"> accept-charset: US-ASCII, ISO-8859-1, UTF-8|X-MDN: $mdn
</string>
</mms_config>

For the rest we'll need the stock APN settings. Open Voice Dialer and say "open apns" and it should open to show you these. Post these settings and I can post more. In theory this should work with all roms.

Also, which SS3 is everyone using 3.0, 3.05, 3.07 etc... I'm not having any luck finding 3.0.

Last edited:

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
I will try to fix Mms with the info above and patch that ROM by Sunday or Monday. Thanks a lot guys.

iaminflames

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Well I stupidly borked my system ROM and I'm hoping someone can gimme a hand. Can someone upload their system\framework\services.jar and odex, and also system\app\SystemUI.apk and odex from the stock Alltel rom? Mine are screwed and its bootlooping my stock Alltel rom.

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Well I stupidly borked my system ROM and I'm hoping someone can gimme a hand. Can someone upload their system\framework\services.jar and odex, and also system\app\SystemUI.apk and odex from the stock Alltel rom? Mine are screwed and its bootlooping my stock Alltel rom.

Give me your email via PM, don't post it in the thread. You didn't make a backup in recovery you can flash?

iaminflames

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Nope I was going to but didn't feel like waiting for it to backup. Bad idea lol. I sent you a PM

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Sent.

Realistically I should just be able to deodex the Alltel stock Mms.apk and add it to the patches. I'll play with it within the next couple of days.

I was advised to add the proper apns and delete the telephony.db file, which never fixed the issue so I just figured it was beyond my scope. Thanks again for the tip.

pmassey31545

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Thanks. I still have my stock system, so I can just pull from that. I'll be sure to give you a shout out in the patches and the OP.

iaminflames

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Thanks guys! So glad we have some active alltel RAZR users around here. I had the HTC merge before and there were basically no roms for that device.